Chapter 37 - Run Little Mouse

"Peter!" the haunting wail ripped from my throat echoing off the high ceiling "Let him go you fucking bastards!"

He was bleeding, there was so much blood! Pure rage filled my vision, the familiar golden snaked under my skin as the stone burned hot against my chest aching to be used.

Victor suddenly grabbed me from behind to keep me from lunging at the bitch holding Peter "Now none of that sister..."

The bastard released Peter but kept a tight grip on the back of his shirt "Now Miss Jones lets all be civil or I will slice cute little Petey's throat and you can watch him bleed out all over the floor."

Grinding my teeth I slowly let the power fade back into me as Victor released me. Whirling on Victor I stared him down purring softly "Touch me again and I will rip your heart from your chest. Understand?"

Victor paused, searching my face for hesitation before smiling, flashing his sharp teeth "Of course sister." Brother or not I will make him pay.

Reaching into my jacket I slowly pulled the stone from my pocket holding it up for all the see. It was fighting me, shaking against the box and it didn't want me to let it go. We had been connected for eight years. Giving it away was like giving away a piece of myself.

"Thank you for returning our property to us." They finally stepped into the light pulling Peter along with them and in that moment all the pieces fell together.

I forced down the rising anger "So it was you all this time... You hurt Logan... You lured me to London then... Katy" They killed Katy and now they had Bucky and Peter within their grasp.

"Logan? What did you fucking do?!" Victor growled, stalking towards Catherine. A little smicker pulled at the sides of my mouth, looks like trouble in paradise.

Catherine's smirker faltered a little as the bitch hissed venomously "Silence! Know your place dog, you were nothing until I took you in. The White Hand gave you a purpose: do not trust the word of a thief who wants to keep you from seeing your precious Anna again."

Victor snarled, turning his deathly gaze on me as I growled back. I dare you bitch. The two of us glared at each other down, taunting the other to make the first move.

"We are not God's Victor, there are things that we can not and must not do. Lines that we do not cross." The calmness of my voice was eerie in contrast to the waging of war of emotions battling for dominance in my heart.

"You would do it if it meant saving your precious Claire from her fate. How is this any different? You pretend to be better than me with your precious humanity but when it comes to it you will make the same decision. You are no better than me Layla and you never will be. So why don't you just admit it?!" He screamed showing true emotion and I couldn't help but look at him with pity. Anna would have never wanted this but Victor would never see that, he was too clouded by grief and for that I pitied him.

"Miss Layla..." Peter's soft whimpers reminded me of who I was fighting for.

A sad smile dusted across my face as I pleaded with Victor "Your right Victor if I am no better than you. And I would do anything to save my daughter from her fate but I know that she would never have wanted to be saved like this. Claire and Anna are at peace and we need to accept that. If you do this then I will be forced to stop you. Please don't make me do this."

Catherine laughed "You are surrounded, outnumbered, and out gunned. You have pushed everyone away, you are alone. What could you possibly do?"

A sudden explosion shook the dam derby running from the ceiling as everyone scrambled for cover. I laughed watching them scamper like little mice.

"You made the mistake of underestimating me and now I get you to kill you!"

*Don't Forget To Drop a Comment!*