𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 Ⅰ: "𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠,"

✧

✧.*Author's Note*.✧

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-➪ Demon Slayer belongs to Koyoharu Gotouge
ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- None of the images, including the cover (which is an edit) belongs to me
ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-➪ Neither do any of the symbols used in this story belong to me
ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-➪ Feel free to imagine the MC as yourself
ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- Please comment, share and star each chapter if you enjoyed reading!

♡ Thanks for reading ♡

.

.

.

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

..:* Hungry... I'm hungry.

That was her first thought when she awoke.

Her eyes were closed, so, she was in darkness, but, she could feel herself lying against some kind of rough surface. She was in a curled position, her hands hugging her knees to her chest. It was almost as if she was in fear, and cried herself to sleep before she woke up.

But, she couldn't remember anything before this moment.

Other than her sense of touch, she could also hear.

A jumble of noises faded in, louder and louder, as all sorts of sounds crashed into her ears.

Voices of people talking, footsteps of people walking, the rustling of leaves against the wind, birds chirping a sing-song melody. Dogs barking, cats meowing, the sound of a cleaver hitting against meat, and stew brewing. Hundreds of thousands of noises were all mixed together, overloading her sense of hearing.

Then, everything died down, as her nose picked up on the most amazing scent in the world.

It was a fresh, clean, sugary sweet aroma. A fluffy, warm feeling spread throughout her body, as her muscles coursed with energy, and it felt like the whole world lightened up.

She could almost float off the ground and drift towards the lovely, intoxicating scent.

Then her eyes snapped open, as she did not move an inch, and was staring at a cloudless, sparkling, vast, night sky. It was littered with shining stars, here and there; the bright, white-yellow light seemed to glow against the dark, black sky. It was a beautiful, breathtaking sight, almost enough to make her forget about the wonderful aroma she smelled before.

Almost.

Her eyes tore away from the sky to around her surroundings, trying to locate the mysterious smell. She got a glimpse of bright lights, and a few structures until she met the eyes of a grumpy, scruffy middle-aged man.