Chapter Six

Kabuki ladies and men danced around the room. Chen sat upon his throne, laughing and smiling. Clouse stood next to him, somewhat annoyed.

"Master," Clouse said. "It was the ninja who snuck into our ceremony, yet we're letting them move forward. I beg you, let me use my sorcery to put an end to this."

"We will use your magic in time. Not now, not when there are other ways to whittle them down," Chen laughed maniacally. "Besides, we don't even know who the fifth person was. Perhaps it's time to switch things up!"

"I do suspect y/n l/n, master of seduction. She does seem to like them, does she not?"

"Now, now, Clouse. We can't go around suspecting everyone, now can we?"

"I suppose not, Master."

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

I was walking downstairs with the ninja when we came across the brackets.

"Guys!" I said, noticing the change. "They switched the fucking brackets!"

"Language, y/n," Garmadon reminded me.

I rolled my eyes. "Are you not seeing this?"

"We . . ." Cole said.

"Have to fight each other," Jay finished.

"He can't do this!" Cole yelled angrily.

"He already did," Lloyd and I said in unison.

Jay groaned. "Why does it say I have to fight Cole? I'm not ready to fight. It was supposed to be my day off."

"I tried to warn you, but you never listen! Talk, yes, listen, not so much!" Cole yelled.

"Is there a problem, ninja?" Clouse said, parting the crowd.

"You cheated! You changed the brackets!" Cole exclaimed.

"Oopsies," Clouse giggled.

Clouse turned to leave. "Fuck you!" I yelled at his retreating form.

Garmadon just sighed, but didn't say anything about my language.

"What do we do?" Lloyd asked his father. "They can't fight each other. We came to this island to make us whole again, not to tear us further apart!"

"You can't undo what's been done," Garmadon said calmly. "My advice is to make piece with it."

"That's horrible advice!" I yelled.

"Peace?!" Jay asked, having a complete meltdown. "One of us has to lose! Oh my gosh! It's totally going to be me! He's got super strength and what do I have?! Tell me, what do I have?!"

I grabbed Jay's shoulder and shook him back and forth. "You have lightning!" I yelled.

"Don't listen to my dad," Lloyd sighed. "We find Zane, then none of us have to battle. Your fight isn't until tonight, so we still have time to figure out a plan."

Kai had been silent for a while, which was unlike him. "I think I know a person who can help," he said. "And I think he already knows."

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

After Kai explained that his plan was talking to Neuro, I agreed that it was a good idea.

When we got there, Neuro was sitting on a rock, appearing to meditate.

"We need your help Neuro," Lloyd said.

"You think I can get close to Chen and read his mind, so you can find your robotic friend and not have to fight," Neuro said.

"Wow, he's good," you whispered to Lloyd. Lloyd nodded.

"And don't forget-" Kai said.

Neuro continued. "You still need to know what Chen's up to. He's hiding something."

"That's really impressive, Nerdo!" Jay exclaimed.

"It's Neuro!" Neuro exclaimed, spinning around to face us. "Master of the mind. And Cole thinks Jay won't last long in a fight."

"You think that?!" Jay yelled.

"You said it yourself!" Cole returned.

"That doesn't mean you have to agree with me!"

"Don't be offended, Cole," Neuro said. "Jay thinks you're the least valuable ninja."

"You don't say?" Cole asked.

"We wanted you to help, Neuro," Kai said. "Not hurt us more."

"Why would I want to help you? You're the competition," Neuro said. "And y/n and Lloyd think that they're soulmates."

"What?!" Jay, Cole, and Kai yelled in confusion.

'Shit, fuck, damn, hell!' I thought.

"I don't actually think that," I said, trying to stay calm. "He must be lying."

Neuro raised an eyebrow. "Am I?"

'Fuck you, Neuro!' I thought, praying he could hear it.

"That's very rude, y/n," Neuro said.

"Listen, Neuro. If you want to know the truth, look into my head and you'll find out what this whole tournament is about," Lloyd guaranteed.

Neuro put his fingers on his temples. He gasped as his hands dropped.

"It's only a matter of time before Chen steals your power too," Lloyd told Neuro.

"Fine. But I'm not going alone," Neuro agreed.

"I'll go with you," I offered.

Me and Neuro prepared to go. As I started to leave, Lloyd grabbed my arm. "Be careful," he whispered. "Chen may not seem like it, but he's really dangerous."

I stared into his gorgeous eyes. 'He's so cute!' I couldn't help but think. "I promise I'll be careful."

Lloyd smiled.

"I can tell what you are thinking, and let me just tell you, you're disgusting," Neuro said, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, whatever," I said, rolling my eyes back at him.

We got to the area.

"There's Chen," Neuro whispered.

"I can see that, dumbass," I replied quietly.

Suddenly we heard a voice behind us, making us both jump. "Looking for something?" Clouse asked.

"No," I said. "We got lost. You should put some signs around or something."

"We saw you talking to the ninja," Clouse warned. "It would be quite a shame if the other contestants found out about your little alliance, hmm?"

"I'm the master of mind," Neuro said. He shut his eyes and put a hand to his head to show. "Unlike y/n, I'm smarter than that."

I punched Neuro in the arm. "Ow," he said, rubbing his arm. "You're stronger than you look."

"Don't be a baby. I didn't even try to hurt you," I rolled my eyes.

"Leave now, will you?" Clouse asked.

I grabbed Neuro's arm and pulled him away. Once we were out of earshot, I asked, "Did you get anything?"

"I saw a book in Clouse's mind. It appeared to be a spell book, and it was opened to page 149," Neuro replied. "You tell the ninja, I'm not risking talking to them again."

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

It was a few minutes from the fight. Jay and Cole were heading into the arena. Me, Kai, and Lloyd were following them.

I felt like I was forgetting something. As we walked, I thought as hard as I could to remember it.

Only then did I realize . . . that Neuro said Lloyd thought we were soulmates too.

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
1135 words