7. Strawberry Fields Forever

───────────────────────

 "STEVEN GRANT IF you don't wake up right this instant, I swear to Khonshu, I will- I will- Well, I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be good!"

"We have to move his body, Juno. We can get him in the truck."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's good."

Layla placed her hands on Steven's jacket, but when she sensed Juno was still standing there, she looked up, confused. "Aren't you gonna help?"

"Oh, I was just gonna use my powers to get him in the truck," Juno stated. "It's probably quicker and easier."

"That's better than what I was planning on doing," Layla said, dusting her hands off and standing up. Before either woman could say anything else, the lights of a nearby car blinded their visions. "Shit."

"Fuck," Juno cursed as soon as the bullets started to fly. She created two shields, and motioned for Layla to take Steven back to the van. "Go! I'll handle it from here."

"What are you going to do?" wondered Layla, grabbing Steven once again and dragging him through the sand.

"I'm not sure yet," replied Juno. "But you have to go. Now."

Layla complied, taking Steven with her as she trekked through the sand.

Juno thought of a way to distract the men for a while, smirking when she came up with the perfect idea. She created an invisible portal, and when they drove through it, they'd end up in a time loop. They'd think they were going towards the hill, but in reality, they were staying in place.

After creating the portal, Juno ran back towards the truck to find Layla. She could've kept them there forever, but Juno knew that the longer they were stuck there, the more likely they were to use their guns to fight their way out of the portal.

"Do you have a plan?" Layla asked when Juno came into view and stood next to her on the side of the van. 

"I was about to ask you the same thing," Juno admitted.

"Luckily for you, I do." Layla motioned towards the back of the truck as the lights grew brighter. Juno nodded. The two women scampered towards the trunk, and when the time was right, they got in the back of the van and shut the door.

"I saw two people running!" one man shouted in Arabic.

"Check around the truck," another man demanded. Both women held their breaths as the truck circled their van before driving a few yards away.

 "Looks like he's dead." The headlights of the truck were aimed at Steven.

"I have a plan," Layla whispered. "It might get us killed but if it works, it'll be a super cool story. Cool?"