Chapter 26: Late night in the hospital

Marco has taken everyone home while Allegra, Lexi, Bella, and Matei stay behind at the hospital. Emilia grabs her phone and texts Klaus. "Went as expected he's in a hospital, same one as me Psych ward is the top 2 floors"

Klaus: "Got it we'll handle the rest"

Emilia: "Okay"

Klaus: "Take care"

Arthur was at the Psych ward in the same hospital as Emilia. Klaus and his sons were on their way there. Emilia hacked into the hospitals mainframe and caused a power outage. There was a mandatory evacuation. Using this Klaus and his sons sneak up to the Psych ward and find Arthur enjoying himself.

Axel: Wow, you look like you're having the time of your life

Arthur is surprised by their appearance and begins stuttering; "How did you get in here"

Milo: "Wasn't that hard if you think about it"

Arthur: "Look tell Emilia I'm sorry okay, I won't ever come after them again. You've already tortured me isn't that enough"

Axel: "Are you really that oblivious to just how much pain and suffering you've caused to people. Did you forget how many kids you shot and traumatized today"

Arthur remains silent

Milo: "It's only fair if you suffer too"

Axel: "Do you have everything yea."

Arthur: "What are you gonna do to me"

Emilia enter the room "isn't it obvious, kill you"

Klaus: "What are you doing here"

Emilia: "Did you really think I was gonna miss out on this"

Klaus chuckles while thinking of course

They then proceed to pour rubbing alcohol all over him and his bed sheets. They force him to write a suicide letter and light the place on fire. Giving him an extremely painful death. Emilia goes outside to where she's supposed to evacuate and the Wilhelm's disappear.

Once everyone has been evacuated the security team and some medical personnel enter to make sure no one has been left behind while the electricians try and turn the power back. While searching the fire alarm in the psych ward went off and they all rushed there. All they saw was a burning limp body. One of the doctors screamed. The fire was spreading fast. One of the guards ran and grabbed a fire extinguisher to put it out. Another ran and did the same. Firefighters also arrived. It took a little while but the flames were put out. The only thing that remained in the mess was Arthurs charred body.

Most patients are transferred to other hospitals and discharge ready one's leave. Police arrive and crime scene tech's examine the scene. They find the suicide letter and determine Arthur's death a suicide.

The rest of patient's are moved to new rooms on the lower floors and the top 2 floor's are sealed off. Emilia is moved to a new room to spend the night. Allegra called Marco told him about what happened at hospital and managed to convince him not to come.

At the house:

Marco: "Adrian, Lucian, Stefan come to my office"

They all go to his office. Marco tells them about the fire and that Arthur killed himself.

Marco: "Did any of you arrange this"

They all reply "No"

Lucian: "Weird"

Stefan: "Is it possible he actually committed suicide"

Adrian: "I'll look into it

At the Wilhelm's New York home:

Axel: "Dad what if the Covaci's look into Arthur's death"

Milo: "Yea they could find out about our connection to Emilia"

Klaus: "I made sure there's no trace of us don't worry"

Axel: "Would it really be a bad thing if they found out, I mean they are her biological family"

Klaus: "Blood doesn't make a family son, some things are stronger. Emilia doesn't want them to know about our relationship we should respect her wishes. There are a lot of things you guys don't know about and them not knowing keeps people safe.