{20}• Normal Seating Arrangement

A/N   a little more short and sweet part of the story. I will be posting more after May 20, when all my final exams are over. The cliffhangers will be fulfilled!

Harry had held me against his chest all night before waking me up gently for classes the following morning. This situation was becoming more and more normal. But, I'm not complaining. I always wake up feeling better after feeling Harry's warmth.
I sat next to Harry in my first class, which was a surprise to everyone, except for maybe Blaise and Pansy, who had began to understand the feelings Harry and I held for each other. Other classmates, though, were not so easy-going about my settlement next to Harry. Strange looks were sent my way by Ravenclaws, Slytherins, some Hufflepuffs, but most of all, Gryffindors. Almost every Gryffindor side-eyed me a death glare, all except for Ron and Hermione, which to my amusement, was shocking.
Whispers were heard, and insults were made. Before class officially started, a male Gryffindor passed by my seat arranged next to Harry's, the guy bumping into me slightly before saying, "I didn't know Gryffindors were sitting with the lowest of the low now." I quickly shot my head down to the desk, my view away from the Gryffindors horrific eyes.
Harry leads his hand to find mine situated under the desk, out of sight by others. "They aren't, although if you sit by yourself, that may change." Harry speaks to the guy while wearing a straight face.
The Gryffindor huffs off to the front of the classroom. Harry squeezes my hand harder, allowing me to finally look up at him. "Thank you" I whisper to him. He quickly replys back with a smirk, "For what?"

•••

"So... Is sitting with Potter the ordinary now?" Pansy smiles at me, teasingly.
"Oh, shut it, would you? I don't see why this is such a big deal." I exclaim to my friends who had been pestering me the whole lunch period.
"Yeah, Pans, Dray has obviously been sitting next to Potter since first year, it's not out the ordinary at all!" Blaise says while stuffing his face with bread and chicken.
"Really, guys, would you just stop it already!?" I plead.
"Of course, hunny. Anything for you!" Pansy pats me on the back before continuing, "Do you hear that a lot from Potter?"
"Pansy!" I turn to her sharply, "not one more word or you're dead."
"Okay, okay." She calms me.

A few minutes go by with no conversation between the three of us, but the sound of Blaise chewing was enough to keep us silent, until Pansy began her talking again.

"So is it going to be a regular seating arrangement or..?"
"I swear to Salazar, Pansy. If you don't shut up right now-"
"I just want to know! Is it so wrong of me to want to know how my best friend and his lover are hanging?"
"Yes! Yes it is!"
"So, he is your lover? For sure?" she snickers.
  I huff at her in response, turning to give her a glare in which was keeping me from strangling her.
"Way to go, Dray! You're finally getting out there! With Potter at that!" I continue to send her death glares.
"Can you pass the salt?"  Both Pansy and I turn to a mouth-filled Blaise, looking helplessly clueless.
"Why don't you just get it yourself?" I ask.
"You're closer.." he lowers his voice.
"And? Your point is?" I cross my arms at him. Blaise looks over to Pansy, "Don't look at me!" she holds her hands up defensively.
Blaise sighs and reaches his arm across the table to achieve the salt.