Ch 540: Spicy Food

Seeing Nian eat the chilli in one go, Lin Ye was prepared for the worse. From the looks of it, the chilli that she ate was a ghost pepper. Even for someone like him, who loved spicy foods, he would struggle to eat something like that.

So he stared at Nian's face, waiting for a reaction. If her face starts to turn red, he will ask Grani to quickly get some milk for him.

However, she did not react as he thought she would from eating the chilli. She even looked satisfied when she finally swallowed it.

Looked like he was worried for nothing.

"Nian?" He asked just to make sure, "Is it not too spicy for you?"

"Spicy?" Nian tilted her head slightly, looking a little puzzled by his question, "Why would it be?"

Hearing her reply, he chuckled. Her response was like his when he first ate spicy food. His mother was so worried because she had forgotten to tone down the spiciness of dinner one night. Before she could warn him, he had already eaten all the spicy food in front of him. When asked whether he was fine, his answer was like Nian's. He was confused as to why they were acting like that. To him, the food tasted amazing.

After that, his mother would make more spicy food for the family because he could handle it. She even taught him some recipes when he went to university.

He looked at Nian and saw she was happily eating the chilli with a bright smile on her face and her tail swinging faster now.

Lin Ye took a mental note that she enjoyed spicy food.

"You actually ate it..." Grani, who was still standing at one side, was amazed. She gave Nian a thumbs up, "You really are a native of Yan! You ate it like a pro!"

Nian tilted her head, obviously confused as to what she meant. She looked at him, and seeing her gaze, he shrugged.

"But you can't just eat chilli. Seeing that you don't like the steam buns, I have something else for you," The warm-hearted Grani rummaged through her bag. Then he rummaged through the backpack, "Let me see... Where was it? I know that I put it here... Aha!"

Grani pulled out a packaged sausage from her backpack.

Lin Ye was a little surprised, "Sausages?"

"Grilled sausages. The favourite for most Victorians," Grani said a little proudly, "For Victorians, grilled sausages, fried eggs and a cup of coffee is the best breakfast combo."

"Where did you get those?" He asked.

"I took some from the kitchen," She said, "The monk said we can have it."

"I see... But there's a problem here," Lin Ye said as he pointed at the package of sausages, "They are not grilled yet."

"True, but it's fine." She smiled, "We can eat these sausages just like this. Although it is in no way comparable to a grilled one, this should be fine."

Then Grani tore open the package. When she did this, this intrigued Nian. Her nose would twitch towards them. Lin Ye could see she was drooling a bit at the corner of her mouth. She liked she was about to pounce at the food in front of her like a hungry beast.

Well, she is one, after all.

However, she did not move from her spot. She gripped his trouser and looked at him. Her eyes were begging him to let her eat them.

"Go on," He chuckled, "You can eat them."

Her eyes glowed and nodded happily to him.

"Here you are," Grani handed Nian the uncooked sausage. She thought Nian would catch it from her hand like what she did with the chilli. Nian opened her mouth and bit it instead. She was stunned, "You don't want to eat it in one bite, do you? Well, it may be a bit too big for you."