Chapter 36. The Weasley's

Harry's POV

We were safe. I breathed a sigh of relief. I could here Ron muttering comforting words to a shaking Hermione. Neville seemed to be hugging Cho.

I held Luna tight. I could hear her breathing into my chest.

"Lumos." I whispered. The whole room lit up. I could see the scraps of paper stuck haphazardly onto the wall. Luna's pictures of Nargles were visible.

"We're safe." I announced.

"Do you think that Ginerva told them our password?" Luna asked.

Hermione gave a gasp.

"Madam Puddifoot's!" She moaned. "We told her." 

My heart seemed to falter. "Nowhere's safe."

"The Burrow." Ron said.

"Too obvious." Cho said.

I proceeded to lecture her about how the most obvious place was the least obvious place, and how a muggle criminal hid next to a police station and it took the police ten years to find him.

"Okay, mate." Ron said, cutting through my monologue.

I knew he just wanted to see his family. But the shame and the pain of losing Fred prickled in my throat. Would they blame me?

A loud knock brought me back to earth. But it didn't sound like knocking. It sounded like some person wanted to drill a hole in the door with their fist.

"What's the password, Impius?" 

Damn.

"Made up creatures." Ginerva's voice rang out clearly. "Nargles, Wrackspurts and the Crumble-Horn-Snorcacks."

I didn't wait for more. Even though she said it wrong, she was bound to get it sooner or later.

We disapparated.

Appearing with a loud crack, I spied Mrs. Weasley hurrying up the path. She gave a cry of relief.

"Oh, Harry, Ron, Hermione... Neville and Luna!" She sobbed. "I thought I lost you!"

"Mrs. Weasley, we're okay. Can we get inside?" I asked. This was urgent.

"Certainly, dear." 

We went inside the warmth of the Burrow. It felt oddly like home.

"Where's Ginny?" Molly asked.

We tensed up.

"Er-" I began.

"Mum, Ginny went over to the dark side. She tortured Luna, twice." Ron said. 

The air seemed to freeze. Molly burst into tears as Arthur came hurrying in. 

"Ah, you're safe- Molly, what's that matter-"

"Ginny- she-" Molly whispered.

"She didn't die?" Arthur's voice became a pitch higher.

"No." Ron said. "She went over to the dark side." 

Mr. Weasley shook from head to toe as Ron continued to tell him about Ginny's crime.

"And she got together with Malfoy, and she changed her name to Impius." Ron finished.

His voice was controlled, neutral, but somehow it was more painful than any kind of crying and wailing.

"No...she didn't." Arthur collapsed into a chair and buried his face into his arms. I turned away.

Molly gulped. "I'm so, so sorry, Luna. I didn't mean for- Ginerva to turn up like this. I didn't want you to go through that at all." 

Luna smiled at her. "It's okay, Mrs. Weasley." She got up unsteadily and hugged her.

Mrs. Weasley broke down on Luna's shoulder. 

Arthur got up and hugged them too.

A/N Hi, it's Luna. I'm going to kill Umbridge soon (can't wait) please give me some suggestions who should kill her. Mcgoncgall? After a hot snarky spicy insane verbal duel.