Chapter 3

Some time went by and Peter helped get you accustomed to the daycare. He gave you the login to the computers, showed you where everything was, wrote out all the procedures and activities. By the time he finished up, it was about an hour before opening.

"Alright, do you mind if I take Oliver up to stay with Amanda until we're done with morning cleaning?" Peter asked.

"I'm fine with that. Is that okay with you, Ollie?" you asked.

Oliver smiled and nodded, grabbing Peters hand and bouncing up and down.

"Perfect. I'll have Amanda let you go down the slide once you can come back. Sun, help (y/n) with getting the place cleaned," Peter said, leading Oliver out of the daycare.

"Yes, sir!" Sun said, saluting Peter as he left.

As soon as he was gone, Sun pulled you into a hug and spun you around. You laughed, a little surprised but still welcomed the gesture. It was honestly nice to be hugged by someone other than Oliver or Bill for once. Even if that someone was an animatronic programed to have a happy and cheerful personality.

"Alright, Sun. Let's get cleaning," you said.

"Right! Follow me!" Sun exclaimed, leading you to a door that was painted to blend into the daycare walls. He opened the door and pulled out a Swiffer and a very large box of Sanitary wipes. "Would you mind handling the floor?"

"No problem," you said, taking the Swiffer.

You started to clean the floor, noticing Sun taking a lot of the sanitary wipe packs and shoving them into his pants pockets. You looked away for a few seconds, focusing on a particularly hard to remove stain before looking back to where Sun was. Only, he wasn't there. You stopped cleaning, looking around for Sun. Then, you saw him. He had somehow managed to scale one of the jungle gyms and was cleaning the sides. The craziest part about it? He was upside-down and the only thing keeping him from falling was his foot that was hooked around one of the bars.

"Jesus..." you mumbled, shaking your head and going back to cleaning.

A few minutes later, Peter came back down into the daycare, carrying a few cans of soda. You watched him set them on the desk before going and grabbing another Swiffer and joining you in cleaning the floors.

"I didn't realize how flexible he was," you commented.

"Yeah, the daycare attendant is designed to be hard to break. He's able to bend like that so none of the kids can accidentally snap off a piece of him. Even those triangles on his head are made of hard to tear foam," Peter explained.

"That's so cool... I never knew you could make robots like that," you said.

"Really?" Peter asked, chuckling.

"I mean, I knew there were robots for kids and a lot of robots and animatronics are designed in a way to make it hard for them to accidentally hurt someone, but that's just next level. No wonder Fazbear Entertainment is so popular," you said.

"Heh, yeah. There are some especially cool things about Sun. You see that chest plate on him?" Peter gestured towards Sun, and you nodded. "It's a hallow compartment where he keeps his hat for his nighttime form. A lot of the animatronics also have really advanced AI and can scan for intruders or missing children," he explained.

"That's so freaking cool," you said.

"Yeah... the whole missing child thing has a bit of a dark explanation, but better to learn early then to learn late," he said.

"Oh yeah, I remember some of the kids from my old high school and my caretaker talking about kids going missing at older locations," you said.

"Yup. It's a sad truth, but the reason the company worked so hard to start installing all this tech was because some kids disappeared. I really hope they're found someday. I can't even imagine what it'd be like never knowing what happened to a family member," he mumbled.

You nodded. It was quiet for a few minutes. Both yours and Peter's mood had shifted. Peter looked like he was just sad while you were worried about something happening to one of the kids on your watch. You were worried about something happening to Oliver on your watch. You were going to be responsible for the safety of kids now. You couldn't let any of them get hurt.

"Why so blue? Did something happen?" Sun asked, tilting his head.

"It's nothing, Sunny. We were just talking about some stuff that happened in the past. It'll be all good," Peter said.

Sun let out a small hum, not seeming to believe him.

"It's fine, really. I just asked too many questions," you said, trying to laugh it off.

"If you say so..." he mumbled.

Despite not knowing him for very long, his downcast voice just felt so wrong. It made your chest hurt.

Before long, you guys had finished cleaning the daycare. Peter had taken out the cans of soda, handing them out to you and Sun. Sun seemed ecstatic that he was given soda, though you were a little confused.

"How can he eat and drink...?" you mumbled.

"Advanced Fazbear technology," Peter said.

You watched as Sun downed the can in maybe three gulps. Not even seconds later, he was bouncing around and vibrating like a kindergartener on their very first sugar rush.

"The hell is in this?" you asked.

"Don't ask, just enjoy," Peter said, taking a sip from his own can.

You turned the can over a few times, reading the name and scanning the nutritional facts. To not your surprise, it was basically just flavored sugar water if flavored sugar water was on steroids. Cracking open the can, you took a hesitant sip. Sugar. That was all you could taste. Then, you got a hint of orange. Just a hint, though. You'd probably had better orange soda. Actually, you were positive you had better orange soda. But this was Fazbear entertainment. They get the children all sugared up then send them home with their parents so they don't have to deal with the ensuing insanity.

You took a few more sips, feeling a small burning feeling in your chest a few minutes later. You decided you probably had enough Fizzy Fazz for today. You sat down behind the desk, setting it next to the computer you'd be using.

"Hey, (y/n)! Are you gonna finish that?" Sun asked, leaning over the desk.

You hesitated. Sun was already hyped up enough as it was. You were scared what a second can would do it him. You looked over at Peter, silently begging for him to give you some sort of answer. All he did was shrug his shoulder before turning and walking to a trash can to throw his can out.

"Um... I guess not. You can have it if you want," you said, slowly handing the can to him.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You're the bestest friend an animatronic like me could ever ask for!" he said, giving you a quick hug before grabbing the can and downing it.

You watched as he started bouncing around the daycare, shouting and hollering with glee.

"At least he'll have more than enough energy for the kids," Peter said, taking a seat at the computer next to yours.

"Yeah... maybe a little too much energy," you said.