Chapter 8

The rest of the day went by without any incidents. The daycare was reopened only a few minutes late, Sun got to play with all the kids, and there weren't any more accidents or broken robots. Even the stage performances apparently went better than expected, from what you heard.

"Alright! That's a wrap! The daycare is closed!" Peter said, clapping his hands together.

"Aw, already? But I wanna keep playing with Sun!" Oliver whined.

"I know, but we have to go home and get some sleep. We wanna make sure we have energy for tomorrow so we can play even more games," you said, picking him up.

"You guys can stay longer if you want. The Pizzaplex doesn't close until midnight. We just close the daycare at eight so we don't have to wait on any late parents before closing the doors," Peter said.

"Really?! We can stay with Sun?" Oliver asked.

"Only if your big sib is okay with it," Peter said.

"Hm... I don't know... we should probably go home soon," you said.

"Please! Just a little longer!" Oliver begged.

"Mmm... fine. One hour, though," you said.

"Yes! Thank you!" Oliver hugged you before slipping out of your grasp and running back over to Sun.

"I'm probably gonna head out soon. I'll stay a little, but I've got friends waiting for me back at my apartment," Peter said.

"Alright. How long do you think you'll stay?" you asked.

"Thirty minutes, at most. And don't worry about locking anything up. Sun or Moon usually does that for us," he said.

You nodded. For the next thirty minutes, you and Peter continued to talk while Sun played with Oliver. The two were running around, playing a game of tag. You would occasionally watch the two, a soft smile forming on your face every time your eyes landed on them. By the time Peter left, Oliver looked ready to pass out.

You got up from the desk, walking over to where Sun and Oliver were currently sitting. Sun had Oliver in his lap, gently petting his hair. You took a seat next to them, leaning back against the daycare wall.

"Man... I'm surprised how much fun I actually had today," you said.

"I'm glad! It's always good to see my friends having fun," Sun said, giving you a warm smile.

"You call everyone your friend. What's up with that?" you asked, chuckling slightly.

"Because everyone is! I want to be friends with everyone who comes to this daycare!" he said.

"That's gonna be a lot of people," you said.

"I know... but I can make friends with all of them," he said.

Sun's optimism was really something else. Thinking about it, he was the perfect daycare attendant. He was positive, energetic, social, creative, good at multitasking. He could easily wrangle the hyper kids. Then there was his brother, as Peter called him, Moon. He was also a good daycare attendant in ways that Sun wasn't. He was good at getting kids to calm down and relax, he was playful. That was actually all you really knew about him, but it was enough to tell that they were both good for the daycare.

You heard soft snores coming from Oliver, causing you to smile.

"I should probably take him home and get him to bed," you said, carefully taking Oliver from Sun's lap.

"(y/n)?" Sun asked.

"Yeah?" You tilted your head.

"You're going to come back tomorrow, right?" he asked.