With You

I just a little in fright as I walk back into the house after work and find Elizabeth cuddled up on the couch in my favourite throw fleece over her.

She smirks and looks up at me.

"You look shocked." She points out.

"Well yes I didnt expect you to still be here." I tell her.

Her smirk only grows wider.

"What do you mean? You know that I'm staying here." She says sitting up.

"Last night? When I convinced them to let you stay? It was only for that night because I thought that it's not safe for you to be out there in your condition . It wasnt a warranty for you to live her forever." I bite out.

I realise that her voice isnt as soft as it had been last night and in the moment.

"This is not your house. I'll go if Nathan tells me to." She says.

"He told you to leave last night when you showed up." I spit at her.

"I know women like you Gemima. Is it Gemima? Or Gem." She smirks.

"You suck off nice men for their money and Nathan is only falling for it because he loves your son. But I see right through you. You might've fooled Nathan and Charlotte but you arent going to fool me." She says.

"What?" I ask. I'm baffled now.

I finally understand why Charlotte hates her so much. I mean I was surprised that she'd react that way to her but now I understand. She is cunning.

"Dont what me, you know you're just a money sucking leech." She says.

"I thought you were the one who sucked Nathan off his money and then left him for his best friend. Yes I got the memo." I say smiling slyly at her.

She is annoying me. I've never been so riled up by someone.

"Oh please. Natie loves me and that'll never change." She says.

"Dont forget that I'm the one that got you in here and I could easily get you out." I spit before walking to Nathan's room to shower for the dinner.

Within three hours of ignoring Elizabeth, Charlotte finally walks in.

"Hey bestie." She says smiling.

"Hey Char. How you doing?" I greet. She hugs me.

"I'm okay. I should be asking you . And why arent you dressed for your date?" She says smirking.

"I want Nate to come home and tell me how formal I should go." I tell her chewing the piece of bread.

"Oh! My lovebirds. I cant wait to be the maid if honor." She says squealing.

"Yea calm down Char." I smile.

"How about on Sunday we go out for a girls day. I used to do it with mom. " she says making her own toast with Nutella chocolate spread.

"I'd love that. How is your mom anyway.  I last spoke to her yesterday." I tell her. She smiles longingly.

"She met someone." She says playing with her eyebrows.

We both chuckle and laugh.

"Can I join you two on your girls day?" A new voice speaks.

Charlotte looks at me and smiles.

"I should prepare you for your lovely date." She says pulling me upstairs with her.

She plays with my hair until we hear tires scratching against the bricked pavement.

"Nathan." We both say.

Then charge at the stairs all the way down.

We find Ethan speaking to Elizabeth.

"Where is my mommy?" He asks.

"Do ya see her here?" She replies with a little anger on her face.

"Ethan sweetheart stop talking to strangers come!" Charlotte yells from the top of the stairs.

He comes running up the stairs and hugs Charlotte and I.

Nathan walks in shortly after that. He embraces Charlotte and kisses my cheek.

"Why arent you dressed yet?" He asks.

"I didn't know how formal to be." I smile into his peck on my lips.

"You know what? I think I have a better idea. We could... I dont know stay and do something else." He says smiling.

I pout staring at him. Does it mean that the date is cancelled?

"Meet me upstairs in Ethan's room after any
hour." He smiles.

"With Ethan." He adds from the top of the stairs.

I nod and smile. This is interesting.

"Well you two lovebirds have fun." She says descending down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" I ask her.

"You're not the only that has a date." She smiles.

"Ohh! Tyler?" I giggle smiling at her. She nods.

We head down to the gallery.

A knock sounds and Char jogs to the door.

"Hey." They breathe simultaneously.  He kisses her forehead. Then he sees Ethan and I and wave.

"Uncle Tyler!" He says running to him.

They converse for a while before they burst   into laughter.

I hear a muffle yell of my name.

"Gem get the door!" Nathan yells.

I do just that, the kid smiles at me. He looks a bit star struck.

"Hi." He breathes.

"Hey there." I smile.

"We're out." Charlotte says as they skip out of the gallery.

"Is this for me?" I ask.

"Uh–yea. For Mr Meyer. He paid already." He says giving me the pizza and then staring. Before he leaves.

I head upstairs. Elizabeth is long gone from the lounge.

I head upstairs to Ethans room.

What I see is beyond surprising. There's a fort in the middle of the room and a beautiful fort at that.

He and Ethan are in matching pajamas. I coo, like this so cute.

"Well bring the pizza. Are you just going to stand there?" He growls.

I put the pizza down and follow suit.

"So mommy , we decided to make a little family dinner just for you." Nathan says smiling, I stare at him and smile.

"Come mommy. Let me go get cups." Ethan says excitedly.

"Thank you daddy." I say smiling.

"Oh, call me daddy again." He smiles kissing my lips hungrily before Ethan stumbles into the room again.

I laugh. We hang out for the entire night. I have to admit this is awesome he sits next to me.

And his aura just makes me relax. I want to tell him about Elizabeth but I cant say it here and break his spirit.

We smile at each other as we eat but this thing with Elizabeth is eating me. I cant help but feel that Nathan was right. I should've listened to him.

He talks about dinosaurs with Ethan. Immediately pulling him deep in the conversation and I cant help but smile at this.

Both of them call me mommy and it's really cute.

I could live like this forever. Instead there is  a devil called Elizabeth thats trying to change this.

You know what,  I'm done. I'm done letting people run over me. From now on. I'll be the bad guy. I'll get whatever I want irregardless how it hurts other people.

They never cared for me, why should I care for them?