Discovering the Magic

There were two ways of stairs leading to the underground. We headed right only to stairs leading further down. Finally when we reached the door a feeble noise which was soothing at the same time screeching entered my ears. I asked my mom and my sister "can you hear it?... the sound?". To my surprise they refused hearing any kind of noise as it was quieter than any usual underground. Confused, we headed to the door and my teacher Samey was standing to welcome us. She then told my mom " Ma'am what you are about to see hereafter might not be something you would have imagined or heard of in your lifetime, and I hope you maintain the privacy of this place at all cost as we have invested a lot of energy building it up." " People who have not followed this will be trapped in here for life" she paused and led us to the hallway. We followed her to witness the unknown. 

While I was approaching the hallway I head a screech and saw something flying far. I quickly recognized it was an Owl. But as it came nearer it was not really a normal owl but an owl whose wings were much brighter and unusually bigger than a normal owl. As it came nearer my mom and sister stumbled back in fear but I was rather normal as  unconsciously my arm flew forward indicating it to sit on it. My mind went blank as if I was being controlled by my inner self which was quite strange. Before my teacher could finish her warning that it was dangerous, the owl came and sat on my arm elegantly folding its wings after its flight. It was so calm that I couldn't help but pat its head. The Owl made a strange noise that I felt like I understood but couldn't figure out what it was. It definitely was not Owl language because it didn't seem like it was talking but it made a noise that I got connected to at the first hearing. My teacher was surprised by how calm the Owl sat on my arm and told us "This is one of the birds that we have never been able to catch hold of and get in control" and she was shocked of how the owl made the soothing sound rather than a screech. The Owl like creature emitted out blue flames from its body which was not visible to the others but I could see it clearly which made me puzzled. Something that even the researchers even couldn't identify I was able to view it clearly.  Then the teacher told us "This is the massive research lab of the most miraculous animals that even science couldn't explain which we believe are magical. No animal in here is friendly as other normal animals in the outside world. These are dangerous and can be deadly if it becomes furious. So be careful on you way here."