37: Operation Beifong pt 2

" Mom ! Dad ! " Opal said excitedly and run to hug them. She then turned to look at her boyfriend. " Thank you. "

Bolin smiled back at the young Beifong showing his affection toward her.

" Let's move. " Lin reminded them that they are in enemy space.

" Kuvira caught Zhu-Li and threw her in the town. " Opal informed them.

" What ? No, I have to go save her. " Bolin stood up.

" Bolin, I don't think that this is a good idea. " Kitiara countered hesitantly.

Zhu-Li was a friend of hers as well. Leaving her to die was... unacceptable for her but still... her family's safety came first.

" You can't go in there, kid. It's suicide. Kuvira's onto us. " Lin warned him.

" We've been through too much together. I can't leave her. Toph, you said Zhu-Li was lying about fixing the cannon. She must have been trying to stop it. " Bolin retorted gazing at Toph.

" For all you know, she could just have been covering her butt because she made a mistake. " Toph remarked with a raised eyebrow.

" No, Zhu-Li doesn't make mistakes. You guys leave. If we make it out, we'll make it to the city somehow. " The lava bender stated.

From his facial expression Kitiara could say that they couldn't change his mind.

" Bolin, no ! " Opal shouted. She watched as Juicy landed next to her. She air bended and landed softly on his neck.

" You guys get out of here. I have to go with Bolin. " She said before flying toward the city.

" Could be our best chance to stop Kuvira. " Su said to her older sister.

" Maybe take out that weapon. " Lin spoke thinking of a plan.

" We can't let Opal be the coolest ! " Wing commented.

Kitiara rolled playfully her eyes at this one. " We're a team. We can't leave them behind. "

" If you all want to get yourselves captured again or worse, that's your business. I'm through. " Toph shook her head.

" Watch out for Baatar Sr. and Huan. " Suyin gently placed a hand on her back.

Afterwards, the Beifongs left to face Kuvira leaving Toph, Huan and Baatar Sr. behind.

" So how have you been, mother ? " Baatar asked the former Chief.

" I told you never to call me that. "

***

Baatar did all the preparations for the test. The man looked through a pair of binoculars and watched as Bolin, Opal and Juicy were into the city heading to save Zhu-Li.

" Opal ? No ! We have to stop the test ! " Baatar turned to Kuvira.

Kuvira did not respond while the weapon continued collecting energy.

Seconds before the blast was released a column of rocks, powerful earthbending from more than one person, hit the cannon.

With the aim disrupted, the blast hit the giant rock near the city instead of the city, its first target.

Bolin, Opal and Zhu-Li stared that the giant hole created by the most powerful weapon which ever existed.

" Whoa. " Opal whispered in awe, shock and fear.

Kuvira gripped a metal bar to keep herself on her feet as the cannon shook violently.

She then proceeded on searching the source of the disturbance.