|| 103 || Rule Breaker 🐛 O/F

Art by Egocider on twitter

Juniper x !Gender Neutral!Fearless!Reader

Requested by - Uhh.... Generic excuse for not doing requests

I uhhh, finally got around to watching some clips of Juniper's new model and... Oh no she's hot (plus big full lunar moth is very cool idc if she ate an intern I still love her.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Stay on the other side of the glass. Do not interact with her if you can help it.

Turn off cell phones and flash photography. Flashing lights are distracting and have even caused her to go into fits of unbridled rage.

Do not knock on the glass. Full stop.

Food and non-water beverages have to be left in the cafeteria.'

You tutted, going over your mental checklist for the hundredth time since you got here. Your fellow interns huddled around you, nervously whispering among themselves as your superiors busied themselves with a rather complex looking control panel.

You barely listened to the introductory speech they gave. By this point, you'd already heard it at least ten times through training tapes. Just the basic rules you had already memorised by heart, warning alarms that you'd run through countless times and a few half-assed threats about breaking the rules.

Beside you, one of your co-workers sucked in a breath. Another muffled their shriek and a few more gasped and tried to scramble away, probably not knowing what they got themselves into. The figure on the other side of the glass flicked her antennae, her gaze softening in sadness at their reactions.

Juniper the Luna Moth.

Arguably one of the more prestigious containment sights. Only a few scientists watched over her and rarely did a position open up. Only one intern was allowed to fill that missing position, and you had studied your ass off for months to have the best chance possible to get it.

Her gaze came to rest where you had muscled your way to the front of your group. Instead of showing fear, you gave her a small smile and a wave before refocussing on whatever the handlers were blabbering on about.

"- Please, turn your attention to Actias Luna," One of them motioned towards the figure.

Her pale olive irises glowed in the dark in an almost unnerving way. It intrigued you.

She didn't speak. Either that or the microphones in her containment chamber weren't working properly. Considering the fact that she started writing on the glass hinted towards the latter.

'Hello'

She blinked a few times, like she was trying to gauge her audience's reactions.

'Can you hear me?'

A few people murmured to each other. One of the researchers spoke into a nearby microphone. You could hear her voice echoing throughout the room on the other side of the glass. Juniper tilted her head, briefly disappearing into the darkness.

Not a moment later, a new voice met your ears.

"There we go! Sometimes this camera gets a little bit of electronic interference," Juniper reappeared. By now, mostly everyone had calmed down. The shock of seeing something so inhuman, yet human at the same time probably had everyone nervous. But Juniper's voice was calm and soothed, like this was a speech she had spoken a thousand times.