Chapter 27: RE-EDITED

Good news:
I passed the exams.

Bad news:
I'm scared of my results being show to my parents.

WARNING:

-  (Y/n) being (Y/n)

- She's not broke anymore.

- Just your daily swear words.

~~~

(Y/n) sighed and stared up at the building, phone in her hand while mentally calculating the exact price of it and imagined the life she could have with such money.

But oh, the joys of being a broke person.

She really needs to get a job.

Pinching the bridge of her nose, (Y/n) walked into the building and showed her ID card as both a student and a hero before she was directed into the waiting room.

"Takahashi-sensei?"

(Y/n) blinked and whirled around only to receive an oddly confused and startled look of of a stranger.

"O-Oh! I'm so sorry, I mistook you for someone else!" He said, clearly flustered but (Y/n) just waved it off.

"It's fine, we all make mistakes like those."

The amount of... odd looks she received when she said was definitely something, an assistant even dropped their cup of coffee while staring at her in horror and wonder.

The man nodded and hurried away before (Y/n) turned around, clearly disgruntled while pulling her cap down.

This... Is really unnerving.

She walked through the hallways and avoided staring at her reflections because they were everywhere- just how clean is this building????

"Please go inside, Takahashi-san will be arriving soon, do you have any preferences for a drink?"

(Y/n) waved her hand, "No, I'm all right, thank you though."

The woman just smiled and bowed her way out, spooking the hell out of (Y/n) because it felt like she was being treated like a royalty.

Then the door opened.

(Y/n) stared at the newcomer with surprise before morphing it into a face of resignation.

Takahashi (Y/n) smiled at her and placed the stack of paperwork on the table before pouring herself a cup of tea from her work desk.

"Hi other me."

The former demon slayer stared at the other her and slumped against the couch.

"Of course it's you- or me, who else would have that type of handwriting?"

Takahashi chuckled and walked towards the couch directly opposite of hers and gestured at the other her to continue.

"So you want to intern me?" (Y/n) asked while counting the tiles on the roof.

"Yes."

"And you rickrolled me for what exactly?"

"To see you suffer."

(Y/n) slammed both hands against her face and let out a groan as she could see her peaceful life fluttering away like a feather in the harsh wind.

"We're the same person goddamnit."

The older (Y/n) beamed, "Oh good, you're not dumb."

"You quite literally stated that we're the same person."