Operation Olympic 1

March 11, 05:50

Offshore of Custefai, Hemray Bay

At dawn, with the sun peeking over the horizon, the news of the start of Operation Olympic was sent to the Shimabara, an amphibious assault ship that was standing by at a distance from the main unit.

"Message from Akagi, commence special operations!"

The operator aboard the Shimabara recited the message from the flagship. The captain of the Shimabara, Junya Osaki, received the message and took action.

"All right, we're about to launch."

On the Shimabara's flight deck, five F-35Bs were standing by, ready to launch. The F-35B is one of the three subtypes of the F-35, being a short-range takeoff and vertical landing (STOVL) type of fighter that can take off from and land on amphibious assault ships and aircraft carriers that do not have catapults. From the CIC, Captain Osaki delivers an order to the pilots waiting at the cockpits of each plane.

"Our objective is to eliminate the air defense capability of the main port of the Empire, including the capital, prior to the main unit's capture of McTayle. The success or failure of the operation that this squadron will carry out depends on the success or failure of our operation, and I want you all to keep that in mind as you carry out the mission."

The two air bases of the Imperial Capital Guard, which protects Custefai, the capital of the Altian Empire, are located in the capital city, which is the most important target for their protection. These bases were capable of providing air defenses for the three main cities of the Empire. By destroying them, the main objective of this operation was to assist in the occupation of McTayle.

"Prepare to launch all planes!"

Five F-35Bs departed from the Shimabara under the captain's command. The planes were equipped with 1.000-pound Mk 83 general-purpose bombs equipped with LJDAM.

. . .

Sky above the coast of Custefai, Altian Empire

Six dragon riders of the Capital Guard were on patrol. They consisted of the red dragon with its bright red scales and the blue dragon with its beautiful blue body. In this world, dragons bred for military combat are called 'dragon cavalry' in analogy to horses. In general, the armies of countries mainly use 'winged dragons,' the most standard type of dragon that is easy to breed and is about 5 to 8 meters long. In addition, the Seven Dragons including Altian Empire have Red Dragons and Blue Dragons, which are larger than the winged dragons by about 10 to 13 meters, and have greater mobility, flight speed, and fire range than the winged dragons. As a large country, it is able to own and breed them thanks to its abundant financial resources.

Furthermore, on the Juperia Continent, which is located in the area known as the Central World, there is an indigenous species called the Silver Dragon, which is one level more advanced than the Red and Blue Dragons, and it is said that some nations use it as their air force.

Early in the morning of this day, the six riders of the 1st Dragon Cavalry of the Capital Guard on patrol had spotted flying objects approaching the capital from the south.

"What are those things? It's too far away to see..."

"Are those birds?"

The dragon riders were saying whatever they wanted about the flying objects they could see through their goggles. At that moment, the distance between them and the F-35Bs was more than 10 kilometers. At this point, the fighters would have looked like nothing more than black dots to the Dragon Cavalry.