Chp.19 | Fan Girl

Ever since that day, Xiao became stressed. He took the thought prior so casually at first, but he slowly began to think of scenarios in which he knew he was bound to be hurt.

Then it came to his mind, why would Venti even want to hear him out in that kind of situation? More so, he knew Venti was straight.

So comfortable with his sexuality, that he was so worried about that girls feelings from awhile back that he yelled at Xiao.

Not to even mentioned punching him—

Maybe Venti had feelings for her? Or something along the lines of crush. Xiao wasn't that stupid. He knew how lovers acted, and the staged into getting to that point. And that described Venti perfectly.

Or maybe he was just a hard core feminist, so much that it turns into a jackass move. There's an obvious difference in how Venti treats women compared to men.

The only thing to get from that analysis is that he is very much in fact straight. And it didn't seem like that was changing anytime soon.

So what was Xiao supposed to do about this? Just let it be? Continue being 'friends' with Venti, even though he knows it won't lead to any type of relief?

Yeah.

That's exactly what he's going to do. Because, to put it simply, Xiao wasn't very good with confrontation. And he knew this would either end in him getting yelled at, or Venti being uncomfortable and weirded out.

Xiao let out a small sigh as he tapped his pen on his desk, growing more rapidly by the second. He wasn't normally like this.

He'd usually just been quiet, keeping to himself, and not trying to draw any unnecessary attention.

He began to sketch a bit on the random lied piece of paper on the brown wood. His pen moved swiftly.

Xiao wasn't much of an artist, or so he says. But he still does it to get through class. Since, he barley ever pays attention.

So, the face,

eyes,

nose,

mouth,

hair,

shoulders,

and, oh my god; he just drew Venti, didn't he? He crumbled up his paper without another thought. These thoughts won't do him any good, and Xiao knows that. Well—he should know that.

-

The bell rang, and Xiao immediately stood up. He was close to falling asleep in the middle of class, like usual. As he was about to leave, someone grabbed him.

He expected to see Venti as he turned around, but no, it was a girl. As Venti stopped to stare in confusion, as he was about to do the same thing the girl had done, he stood silently.

"Oh—hope you don't mind me stealing him from you for a bit." The girl smiled.

"Ahh—no, not at all! Go ahead." Venti bowed his head slightly as he left the room.

"Let's go somewhere more private." The girl stated.

Her hair was black, and some of it fell over her slender, dark eyes. Her eyes were the same color as her hair, as well as her long eyelashes. There wasn't much special about her, but one thing was for sure, she was pretty.

Extremely pretty.

Although, the only one between the two who really took notice of that was Venti. Xiao wouldn't have even batt an eye if she hadn't grabbed him so suddenly.

-

She took Xiao to a more empty hallway. Wouldn't this be regarded as skipping?

"Ahh~" She began,"I should probably introduce myself." She stared up at Xiao, her eyes lidded. "I'm Hisso."

She held her hand out, gesturing Xiao to shake it. Although, Xiao just kinda..stared at her. What was the point of this exactly? "I'm Xiao?"

"I know.." She smiled, Xiao was popular.

"Oh, ok." The boy stated plainly. Hitto seemed to pause for a moment.

"Xiao, I seen your drawings earlier in class."

Xiao's eyes widened slightly. But, before he could speak,"You like him, don't you?"

Someone already found out? He tensed up, he wasn't even able to get a word out this time. Well, what could he even say to something like that? Before he even knew it, his face began to heat up.

Hitto gasped slightly, it's like her entire demeanor changed,"You do!" Her once small smile grew even wider.

"The truth is—I'm a really big fan of yours!" She latched her hands on to either side of her arms. "And—this is the perfect scenario! I mean—everyone knew Venti practically hated you before! Since he always glares at you constantly."

She continued rambling, while Xiao stood in complete and utter silence,"It's exactly like the story I've been reading!"

"...Huh?" is the only thing Xiao was really able to let out. He looked uncomfortable, weirded out even. Who was this girl and why was she acting so differently?

"Ah—what I'm trying to say is, I want to help you!"

That didn't seem like what she was trying to say. It all sounded like a bunch of nonsense to Xiao.

"Help me with what?"

"..With your crush."

"..Right." Xiao half expected her to just spread it around the school. He began to get a little bit less tense compared to before.

I guess this is what they mean by how introverts become a totally different person when discussing the things they like. And in this scenario—it's about romance manga. What a strange girl.

WORD COUNT ; 906

A/N; POV: yall are hisso