( 𝟎𝟔𝟗 ) not what they thought

— WHEN THE MORNING CAME, EVERYONE was up and ready to carry on heading towards Terminus, Rick having explained to Daryl and Nate that they had been making their way towards the sanctuary they prayed would still be there; and now that Nate was curr...

— WHEN THE MORNING CAME, EVERYONE was up and ready to carry on heading towards Terminus, Rick having explained to Daryl and Nate that they had been making their way towards the sanctuary they prayed would still be there; and now that Nate was currently injured, he needed to rest for his wound to heal. It felt strange, having them all together again, it felt like hope was coming back to them again, that maybe the rest of the group were still alive, that they would all be together again one day.. As they all walked down the train tracks, Daryl was helping his brother walk along on his left, whilst Zoe was on Nate's other side, both of them helping him so he wouldn't have to use as much energy as he should and moving around too much when he shouldn't be, when he should be resting and healing. The man, however, knew that he had to keep going, that he couldn't stop because the sanctuary could mean a place to stop and rest, a place that they could be safe to do so, and if that was all true, then Nate could finally heal fully and get back onto his feet again.

The day felt odd to them all, after what had happened last night, they all felt completely drained, and just couldn't wait to get to Terminus; with Rick and Michonne walking in the front of the small group, and Carl at the very back, Zoe couldn't help but feel grateful for everything Michonne had done for her little brother. Carl saw Michonne more than just another member of the group, now, especially after last night; the boy saw her as a motherly figure, or even better, his friend, and Zoe couldn't be more happy about it, knowing that as long as Michonne was here, with Carl, everything would be okay. The six of them mostly walked in silence all of them too focused on getting to the sanctuary and finally finding peace — except for the occasional question as to wether or not everyone was okay and keeping up with them all, or they needed anything to eat and drink, Carl had mostly stayed silent, and Zoe was immensely worried about him after what had happened to him. At the front, Zoe noticed Michonne staring at her father, probably wondering the same thing as her — was he okay? The man had cleaned his beard since the incident, and Zoe couldn't be more glad to not have to look at her fathers face drenched in Joe's blood, just another reminder of what happened last night.

Nate listened as Rick and Michonne spoke quietly, limping alongside his brother and girlfriend, holding onto Zoe's hand like she would disappear on him again, his worst fear at the moment; if he lost the girl again, he didn't know what he would do, he would completely loose himself. Stopping alongside the tracks, they all looked down at a fallen sign, one with the word 'Terminus' written on it, and a small, worn out map on how far away they were from the sanctuary, "We're close." Daryl spoke up, "Be there before sundown." He said, knowing that they were all keeping up at a good pace, especially Nate, who he knew was pushing himself onwards for Zoe's sake. Everything that man ever did was for the woman he loved, and vice versa.

"Now, we head through the woods." Rick stated, knowing that they needed to be prepared and be able to enter this place, they needed the upper hand in case this place wasn't what they thought it was. The others seemed a bit confused about going through the woods, but Zoe knew why they should do so, easily reading her fathers face, "We don't know who they are." Is all Rick had to say to the others for them to understand why they had to go through the woods, as well as not wasting a second before nodding their heads and taking a left into the woods.
Daryl leg the group into the woods as Zoe stayed by Nate's side, even Carl joining in and helping the man walk, and although Nate thought he could walk on his own if he truly tried hard to, he also knew not to, since he needed all of the energy he needed; that, and he loved being this close to Zoe. If he didn't have the energy when they make it into Terminus and they weren't the people they thought they were, it wouldn't end well, and because of that, he needed all of the energy he needed. It didn't take them all long to get to the back of Terminus, each of them attempting to be as quiet as they could, this time, Nate walking on his own, although, with a pained expression on his face as he did so. Rick headed onwards first, dropping his duffel bag filled with weapons to the ground and heading to the fence, the others all following and peeking through the holes, seeing the building in front of them that read 'Terminus' in large letters, the sight already showing that their sanctuary was doing well, giving them all same hope in the matter. "We all spread out, watch for a while, see what we see, and get ready." Rick instructed, showing his distrust in the people. However, Zoe and Nate agreed — after The Governor and Joe's group, they all knew that they couldn't blindly trust another group when they didn't know anything about them, "We all stay close." He added, knowing that if they go too far, it may not end well.