The Grooms Baby

Author's Name:
@23amelia

Reviewer:
@raelynlayn

Review Type:
All options + full

Cover/Blurb Review:
First, I always look at the cover itself, not reading the blurb with it yet. For me, the cover looks a bit simple. The title is white, but also placed on some with parts of the photo used in the cover, same for the undertitle. This makes both disappear in some parts, which doesn't make it too easy to read them. I do like the undertitle, though! It catches my attention, and while I have no idea what the choices are, I do get some ideas due to the title. In general, this cover would not catch my attention to read the book, since I miss something in it. For me, it doesn't feel as a whole, even though it reflects the title for some part. Furthermore, personally, I'm not a fan of real humans on covers, but I'm trying to not let that be in control while reviewing it. Even though it doesn't feel as a whole for me, I have no idea how to change it for the better, and looking at all your other book covers, it does fit your style. So, for that part it's a good cover! In short, the cover looks great, maybe change the text on it a little, but even though it doesn't feel as the perfect cover for the book (if you ask me) it fits your style of making covers.

Then, the blurb, it's a bit short, and there's a lot of text around it. The first sentence, stating that it is book one, is very important, but I feel the opposite about the second one. If every chapter is edited, I personally don't believe you have to say that here. I mean, it's not like some parts are edited, and readers have to keep in mind that you're still busy with it. Okay, the blurb itself. It made me laugh instantly, you have some great humor! There are a few little mistakes in the text. For example: 'Guess what they forgot to use protection.' If you state it like this: 'Guess what they forgot to use, protection.' It's more a question with an answer. You also have a small spelling mistake in the sentence following: 'A month later she finds out she pregnant with his baby.' Which should be: 'A month later, she finds out she is pregnant with his baby.' At the end you put the choices he has, which makes clear what the 'Two choices. One decision.' means in the cover. You also end repeating that in the blurb, which is very strong. You hold the reader's attention with that, since you want to know what he will choose.

Overall, I find your use of sentences a little weak. You have a couple of short sentences that don't have a total connection with each other. Maybe you can make it more like a little story, something that reads smoothly. At least, I don't think you have to put 'all rights reserved' in your blurb, since you also chose that option while publishing the book and it's already standing there. I'm still curious to read this story, mostly to find out what his decision will be, but also to know what the rest of the story is like. I believe this is already a great start, that you can make a bit better with a few small changes.

Plot Review:
So, the story starts with the main character going to a club and meeting a hot guy there. They have a one night stand and from there on everything follows up fast on each other. It's very clear what the plot is, and it's not hard to follow the story. It doesn't involve flashbacks or flashforwards, which also makes it easy to keep up with everything. When the main character is pregnant you put above every chapter how far along she is, but sometimes that can't be right. So is that evolution from chapter A to chapter B two weeks, but does the text say that it's only one day. Uhm, yeah, for the rest, the plot. I'm going to be really honest in this review, and for me, it got too over the top, and too fast. When I read the blurb, I thought that nearly the whole story would be about those choices and everything around it. That wasn't the case at all, the choice was made in a few chapters, and I really started to wonder what you were going to do with the rest of the story. And that's when it got too over the top for me. In the beginning, I could handle it, but at a moment it just got too unbelievable for me.
How fast some things with the police went, but also how some characters were acting. And it's not bad that a story isn't realistic for the world we live in, but it is when it gets unrealistic for the world it takes place in. A lot of situations also came out of nowhere, and it started to feel like you only put it in to stretch the story. I like drama here and there, but this was way too much.