19

new year's —
19. on the way to charleston

a few days later, tuesday, 12:00pm - san francisco time

      "Have a safe flight, Kira ! Have fun !"

Kira waved goodbye to Caitlyn, the manager of the coffee shop she worked at and left the establishment, going in the direction of her parked bike. She only lived a couple of minutes from her work place, so she could ride her bike instead of her car. She hop on the bike and started riding it to her house.

Today was the day she was going to Charleston with her friends and she couldn't believe that she was doing this, she couldn't believe that she wasn't telling Drew that she was coming. She was actually going to Charleston to be with him again. Kira couldn't contain her excitement, she was so happy that she was going to be with him again and the fact that her friends were coming with her made everything better.

The thing is, Kira was feeling something and she didn't know what it was exactly, but what she did know was that she didn't wanna rush things - yet anyway. Since that kiss with him, she couldn't stop thinking about him, even if she told her friends otherwise, she couldn't stop thinking about the man standing beside her that immediately caught her attention. In a single moment during the countdown for new years, she just decided to be impulsive and straight up kiss the man and for her surprise he actually did kiss her back. 

Since then she went on a spiral of emotions and when Marcus found him, she had thoughts when she found out he was an actor, for obvious reasons. Everybody knew him, he didn't have a private life and she was scared, for the first time that this was going to backfire on her. Don't get her wrong, she was very carefree about things and didn't actually care about these sort of things but this was something else entirely different. Even though she posted a lot on social media and was actually a very open person, she needed her space too and she was scared that he didn't care about her or actually remember. 

Which was funny, because she wasn't supposed to actually care about these things. However, as time went on, Drew was growing on her and day after day, she was expecting a message from him just for him to tell about his day or just simply joke about things and pretend that they were together. She couldn't stop a smile from showing on her face everytime that he sent a message and that was kinda scary for her. Although, she wanted to be with him again and see for herself if something changed or things just stayed the same, she liked Drew, he was a great friend to her or whatever they were.

Back to the present, Kira just arrived home and went straight to her room to pack the last minute stuff to her backpack - her suitcase was already by her door. 

      "Someone's home? Kae?" 

Kira left her room and looked outside the hall to see Marcus with his backpack and his suitcase, the group of friends were all meeting at Kira's house because her dad was driving them to the airport. 

      "In here !" She called back and went to her room again to continue to pack the last of her things.

Marcus soon came in and sat on her window stool, grabbing his phone.

      "It says in here that our flight is at 8pm, what time is your dad picking us up?" Marcus asked.

      Kira stopped for a second and looked at her best friend. "Hm, around 6:30? He's leaving work and coming straight here to pick us up." She proceed to go to her drawer and pick her charger and her book.