Chapter Twenty-two: There's no such thing as omegaverse in a schemer's mark

Valentin still looked like the unbothered lad that he always was. His long silver hair neatly tousled to one side and his posture was as nonchalant as ever. As he looked around the room, he gave off an amused grin. "My, not an adult in sight and you are already squabbling like headless chickens. How immature of you," He emphasized his last statement while directly looking at me as if saying 'I expected better from a transmigrator who had a full time desk job'.

I rolled my eyes at him and responded. "Forgive us for acting like children." In my defense, living again as a child for more than a decade now has influenced me to think like a juvenile. Not everyone can be a perfect transmigrator, okay?

"Move over, Prince Valentin," someone spoke softly behind him. I looked over and saw my brother Augustus. He looked as formal as usual but this time, he seemed very stern. With his long legs, it took him only a couple strides to reach my position.

"Brother," I greeted. "What brings you here?"

"An hour, Marcella," he started, voice laced with worry. "I leave you for an hour in the capital and this is what happens?"

"An accident, Augustus," I protested. "And besides, I'm not even that hurt."

Cedric spoke up. "I don't think that this was an accident. Clearly, the wolf brat intentionally tried to harm someone."

"And that someone should've been you!" Percival mocked. "Only you were a little coward who had to rely on a girl-"

Once again, the heroine smacked Percival. Honestly, I am kind of liking this side of the heroine. Please hit him more.

"Percival!" The heroine scolded. "Please stop."

Obviously, Cedric didn't take Percival's words well. He clenched his fist tightly and he glared harshly on the wolf boy who smirked at him. As another bout was brewing, I felt the need to intervene lest I suffer from any more migraines. It's not the physical injury that was draining me but the constant mental and emotional torture that I have been subjected to just for these brats to keep still. And yes, I was acting like a child too but give me a break, people tend to get influenced by the environment they are in.

"Childish banter is what it is, Augustus," I hurriedly explained.

Augustus sighed and sat on the side of my bed. He tucked a loose strand of my hair as he spoke. "I could just dismiss it as that, Cella. However, he marked you."

I have been hearing the word mark all day and by now, I am getting really curious as to what the big deal is. As far as I know, this world is not set in an omegaverse universe and there have been no mentions of that genre in the game. So what was this marking and why was everyone freaking out?

Sensing the curiosity from my unintended silence, Augustus explained. "Marking is something only done by beastfolks. It's a way to show possession."

"What now?" I was flabbergasted.

Myron who actually followed Augustus in was the one who continued. "It's actually something done only to archnemesis or lovers of beastfolks. In a way, it's as if saying that 'this person is mine to harm or touch.' It keeps other beastfolks away."

I looked incredulously at Percival. "What is wrong with you!"

"You were the one who got in the way!" He defended.

Seriously, who created this garbled nonsense of a plot in a game? I played this before but I do not even remember such detail from happening. At a lost, I helplessly turned to Valentin for answers. The jerk just shrugged off his shoulders and continued smiling as if he was watching the most entertaining piece of soap opera to ever exist.