Chapter 16

Sam, Travis,Sarah

The group finally arrives at the black- soot covered building with the green door. Sarah sighs and asks "So where do I go now?" Lyndda smiles and says "Your badges will show you the way. Now let's meet here at the end of the day. If you leave work early then just come back to the house. Alright.."

       Sam interrupts her and says "Wait, is that it? You won't come with us?"

       Lynor sighs and says "Sorry, but we can't.. We still have a job to do, but just make sure you don't create any attention to yourself."

       As Lyndda and Lynor walk through a big green triangle, Tony starts walking to a white circular door and Sarah walks through a red octagon door. Sam calls after them, but they just respond with "let the badge lead you." Sam closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Ok fine, I'm going to try this out.

        As soon as she closes her eyes, she feels herself being pulled forward to an orange curricular door. As soon as she was in that door, she began falling down a dark hole. She ends up inside of a building where a stocky man is standing over in front of her. He asked her if her name was Sam and she responded with a nod. He nodded and told her to follow him. All Sam saw was the sun shining down low on her. She couldn't comprehend what was going on or who that man was in front of her.

       As he started walking away, he motions for her to follow him.

       Sam timidly asks "Um Sir, are you my boss?"

       He laughs and says "Naw that's too much work for me. I just man my station. But our boss Mr. Y is a very detailed man so try to to keep up with me." He turns around to look me up and down. He grunts and says "Not much of ya..is it?"

      Sam smirks and responds back with "Is this part of the "very detailed stuff" that I have to know?"

      "Stop pestering her Gray, we don't need her quitting on the first day hahahah." Gray turns around and introduces Mr. Y to Sam. Mr. Y looks like someone experimented on him and made him a cross breed of a rat-like creature. He has large gray ears that resemble rat ears. He has a very small black circular nose. He has small black beaded eyes. His skin is pinkish-white. He has rat-like claws with seven fingers as his hands. His claws were so clear that you could see through them. Mr. Y grunts and says "Are you ready or do you want to stay here ogling me for the rest of the day? "

       Sam snaps out of it and asks him "So what will be my duties?"

       He laughs and gives her a box full of nails. "This! All you gotta do is organize them by the type.

      She rolls her eyes and asks "You sure you don't have anything valuable for me to do?"

      Gray interrupts her and says "This is important, without nails nothing would be built or stable. Now take this as an important opportunity. Have you looked around? You are surrounded by watchful eyes. If we can't trust you then you might as well leave. We value trust so you either earn it or leave."

      Mr. Y interjects and says " What Mr.Gray means is that we value trust and loyalty over everything. That is how we work together and this task will help you gain our trust if you follow through with it."

      Sam tries to smile and says "Okay, let's start with the different types you have so I can organize it correctly!" She then looks around and sees a bunch of eyes looking at her. Everyone looked so much like a rat but each one mixed with a different species. It looks so wrong but right at the same time. She takes a deep breath and starts separating the nails. I guess this is not that bad. They all look like they are in the same family. If I was in their shoes, I would also not trust me especially since I am new. Stop thinking and just finish this task!

     All of sudden she hears "GET HER!"

How did you like the chapter?

What do you think happen to Sam?

Italics-internal Dialogue