41: Pregnancy

Warning! ANGST, I legit cried whilst writing this. I'm pretty sure the requester didn't want it to get this angsty but... I got carried away... again...

Quirk: forcefield

Requested byxx_itz_arya_xx

 Shoto and I had been married for two years now and despite wanting children I was yet to suggest the idea. Prior to our marriage we had spoken about starting a family together, making sure we both wanted the same things before things became too serious so I knew he did want children but we were yet to speak about it. Unfortunately the positive pregnancy test came before we had a chance to discuss the matter.

When I found out I was pregnant and showed the test to Shoto for proof he seemed happy much to my relief, the two of us celebrating together happily. I felt excited about going out and buying all the things we needed for the baby, as well as preparing the house for their arrival but it was when we were first out shopping for our unborn child that made me think Shoto wasn't quite sure what he had gotten himself in for.

"Why do we need gates in our home?" Shoto asked as we looked at the variety of baby gates that were available in the nearest baby essentials shop.

"To stop them falling down the stairs, and going places they shouldn't," I said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. He sighed dramatically making me grit my teeth a little in annoyance. I carried on down the isle, stopping at the changing mats. There were so many pretty patterns that I was having a hard time deciding which one to go for.

"What are these?" Shoto asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Baby changing mats, we'll need one," I said, picking up two. "Which do you prefer?"

"None. Why can't we just change them on the table?"

"What're you talking about? The baby will be uncomfortable, the table will get messy-,"

"What about a blanket then? We have that fluffy one at home-,"

"Shoto these mats are specifically for babies because you can wipe them clean! We can't keep on shoving blankets in the washing machine every few hours!" I was almost shouting. We moved onto the baby bathing isle, and I had a look at the small baby bathtubs. I picked one up and looked at it closely, however it was soon taken out of my hands by Shoto. "What're you doing?" I asked when he put it back on the shelf.

"We have a bath at home (y/n), we don't need to waste our money on plastic mini bathtubs and brightly coloured shampoo when we've already got it all!" He said defensively but a spark was lit inside of me.

"Fine! Lets just leave then!" I shouted, leaving the trolley and storming off.

"(y/n)!" Shoto shouted after me but I ignored him until I got to the car in the car park. "(y/n), lets just get-,"

"No, lets just go home," I said firmly, feeling irritated. When we finally got home Shoto said he was going to pop by the agency to see if there was anything that needed to be done there, and I was glad he was leaving as it would give me time to cool down. "Fine, see you later," I said firmly, not even kissing him goodbye.

"Sure," he said simply. Once the door closed I let out a huge sigh, emotions circulating my body at record speed. Pregnancy had begun to affect my emotions, and right now all I could feel was anger at Shoto's ignorance.

- Timeskip -

We, or rather I had managed to get most of the furniture our baby needed and had managed to build the cot, Shoto complaining that it would be in our bedroom. I was now five months into pregnancy, so the bump was very obvious but I was still trying to get used to it. I was getting changed one morning whilst Shoto was in the shower. I had gotten upset a few times over his ignorance, as he had often questioned how much attention a baby needs.