chapter 27-We need to talk

A/N This chapter finally something happens with Anthony and Aurora! I am so happy!

The next day Aurora was decided, she needed to talk to Anthony, at least to clear her mind. She knew him and Simon had gone to talk to the archbishop to get a special license. So she was determined to go to the bridgerton household and speak to him and also get a chance to help Daphne with preparations for the wedding.

She arrived to the bridgertons house and was met with a mess. Maids were running everywhere and she could see Daphne and lady bridgerton organizing the wedding. 

A- Hello?

Aurora was ignored so she decided to sit next to Eloise in the couch. 

A- How long have they been like this?

E- All morning

A- I see, has your brother arrived?

E- Not yet, he was supposed to arrive like 15 minutes ago- Eloise said going back to her book.

A- oh- aurora said disappointed. She then spent 30 minutes helping with the wedding preparations until Hammlet came.

H- The Viscount has arrived

Everyone in the room started walking outside yelling and Aurora was left alone in the room nervous, this is it, perhaps it wasn't the best moment with everything of the wedding going on, but she could not wait, this could not wait. She faced her fears and walked downstairs.

D- If we are to wait weeks for this wedding, it gives Cressida, not to mention Whistledown and anyone else, far to much time to uncover the truth

A- what is going on?

Anthony- we haven't been granted for the special license

A- Oh, what are we going to do?

then hamlet announced lady danbury's arrival.

LB-Welcome! Is everyone famished as I?- lady bridgerton chuckled nervously

LD- This is far too grim a mood for the celebration I was counting on. What on earth is the matter?

Anthony- We have been denied our request for a special license.

Simon- The archbishop did not see a need.

A- It is not the archbishop- said aurora realizing who was behind this.

LD- It is the queen. Perhaps she has taken your rejection of her nephew to heart, or perhaps she is simply bored. It does not bode well for your daughter's social future nor any of the bridgertons for that matter.

LB- Surely we must be able to do something?

A- give her what she wants.

LD- attention. Appear before yourselves and make personal appeal. Tell her you are in love, plain simple and true. You can do that, can you not?

Both Simon and Daphne nodded.

LD- Now, where is the dinner I was promised?- Aurora took these as a chance to speak to Anthony, she felt her nerves.

A- Anthony- aurora spoke softly as Anthony turned to her trying to not bring too much attention from his family- I really need to speak to you- Anthony nodded and had her follow towards his office.

Anthony- what did you wish to speak about?

A- us, Anthony I really need some clarity, I can not one single moment think about marriage without you coming into the picture. I really need to know because I am to wed a man at the end of this very season.

Anthony- I understand- he said not knowing what else to say, he was staring at her.

A- That's it?! that is all you have got to say?!- aurora said mad at him until she felt a pair of lips clashing into hers. She then realized it was Anthony's lips, his lips were soft and moved perfectly with hers. Their kiss was intense, they had been desiring eachother for so long, luckily this was not aurora's first kiss so she knew how to manage it. She felt butterflies in her stomach and couldn't help but to smile during the kiss. They kept kissing not wanting to leave that moment that was so preciate to them. 

That was until Anthony's office door flew open.