23

Trigger warning;
Mentions of drugs,
Violence | blood,
Suicidal thoughts.

Alex was always calm, always quiet, always overly observant. Despite his 'bad boy' image, as those at school would say, he didn't like conflict or violence.

Maybe that's why everyone gasped in shock as his fist collided harshly with Grey's jaw.

Grey stumbled at the impact, his back hitting the wall as warm crimson liquid leaked from his now split lip.

"Alex!" Zac gaped at his younger brother. "What the fuck, why did you hit him?"

Callan scoffed, "Cause he deserved it." Ace, Jack and the twins all nodded in agreement with his statement. Whilst Carter and Lily both stared at the table top, a look of guilt on each of their faces.

Alex raised an eyebrow at Zac, the look on his face saying 'really?'.

"Why did I hit him? Lemme see. First he spoke for us, which I really don't appreciate. I'm not disappointed in Leo, not one bit. I want to help him and support him, not belittle and embarrass him. If he has a drug problem then I want to know why and I'd like to get the answers by simply talking to him calmly, not ambushing him."

"Secondly, he stood up for Lily saying she didn't need to justify her actions, after she touched Leo during a panic attack. How is that fair? No offence Lil, but what did you expect? You were stupid to do it the first time, you should've learnt a lesson from that."

Lily looked down at Alex's words, she knew she'd done the wrong thing. All she wanted to do was comfort Leo, yet all she done was make everything so much worse.

"Alex, calm down bambino."

Ace scoffed, "Shut the fuck up Zac."

Alex spoke up again, giving Zac no time to respond to Ace.

"Thirdly, he clearly petrified Leo! Not only that but he left marks on his skin, bruises! Seriously Grey? You're a social worker yet you bruise your own blood? And out of all of us Leo is the one you hurt? He's the most fucking selfless of us all."

"Selfless?" Grey scoffed.

He didn't mean to hurt Leo, he'd never purposely harm his bambino, but he didn't understand how — in anyway shape or form — Leo was selfless.

"How the fuck is he selfless? He's been doing drugs Alex and I don't mean smoking pot like half of you already do! He's on hard fucking stuff, powder, pills, who knows he's probably injecting the shit too! How is that selfless, when one wrong batch could kill him? One wrong pill and he'd be gone, he'd leave us forever! Tell me Alex, go on."

"You can't see beyond black and white, can you? Did you ever think to ask yourself why he turned to drugs? Did you ever ask yourself why Leo's changed so much in the past year or so? Did you ever think that maybe were the problem?" Alex stated calmly. "Did you ever think that maybe you're the selfish one?"

Grey frowned, he didn't understand what Alex meant. How was he selfish?

"Don't act confused Grey." Alex shook his head. "You only care about how Leo's addiction effects you... did you ever think about how it effects him?"