22: Sending Off

When they returned to the hotel, the entire group, teachers and students alike, were carrying vacuum-sealed packages of roast duck. There wasn't any variety to speak of, but was it their fault that whenever people talked about the specialty foods of the capital, the first thing that came to mind was Peking duck?

They'd just walked into the foyer of the hotel when they met the teachers and students of Jingcheng No. 1 High School coming out. Compared to the sleek and fashionable suitcases dragged by the other group, the people from Furong No. 3 High School with their bags of roast ducks didn't look cool or stylish at all.

Fortunately, there were gracious people on both sides. They didn't make rude remarks just because of winning or losing the competition. After a few polite words, both parties left.

Xiao Ji's eyes kept straying to Shen Shao, but he never said a word.

After they entered the elevator, Zhang Li put down the things she was carrying and shook out her fingers. "So heavy."

Shen Shao looked at the roast ducks and began to consider a serious question. Namely, when they went through the security check at the airport, would the staff think they were roast duck maniacs? They traveled to the capital, but the only thing they brought back was roast duck. When he thought about it, there really wasn't anything to brag about.

The elevator went up one floor and stopped. When the door slid open, two people walked inside. After the teenager in the lead entered the elevator, his gaze swept past the pile of roast ducks and finally landed on Shen Shao.

Shen Shao had a slight impression of this person, although his clearest memory was of a fleet of Mercedes-Benzes and a group of handsome bodyguards in suits. When he saw the young man looking at him, Shen Shao didn't understand the reason, but he smiled and nodded to him anyway.

Then he saw the teenager avert his eyes and unobtrusively move a small half-step to the side. Shen Shao silently touched his nose. Was his smile that bad?

The man behind the young man pressed a lit-up floor button. As the elevator rose, everyone was silent.

Ding ding. This was the floor where Shen Shao and the others were staying.

Their group of six walked out of the elevator with all their bags of roast duck. Shen Shao was the last to exit. When he left the elevator, he glanced back and saw the young man standing in the middle of the elevator, looking directly at him with an impassive face.

Seeming to notice that Shen Shao was looking at him, the teenager reached out and pressed the "close door" button. The elevator quickly closed in front of Shen Shao.

Shen Shao: ...

Inside the elevator, Gu NingZhao thought about his instinctive action just now. He stared expressionlessly at the "close door" button on the elevator panel and pressed his lips together.

The next day, the group from Furong No. 3 High School departed the hotel with several cases of roast duck as well as a trophy. They boarded a taxi and rushed to the airport. Maybe because Shen Shao had won the championship, their mood was a lot more excited than when they came. Or maybe it was because of all of the delicious roast ducks they were bringing back.

At the airport, there were another two hours before it was time to board, so they weren't in a hurry. They dragged their suitcases slowly towards the security check. He didn't know if it was a coincidence or fate, but Shen Shao saw the teenager from the hotel yesterday. This time the young man was followed by a few more bodyguards. He was nearly ten meters away, but the aura of a young master from an eminent family was palpable.

Maybe... This was the aura of mystery possessed only by the rich?

Shen Shao inwardly complained to himself and walked straight ahead with the rest of his group following. Then, when he was waiting in line for the security inspection, a man in a suit came up to him.