It's getting difficult to love you, my home

T/w : strongly political content. Swearing.

~~~

Hey everyone, Aeri here, I want to use this as a calling out and give awareness to what is currently happening in my home country, the Philippines.

When I first established May 9th as one of my most memorable OC's birthday (Yukiko) i thought it was cool to have it in between Chuuya (April 29th) and Dazai's (June 19th) birthdays, just because... I liked the pattern.

Now, May 9, 2022 has passed in the Philippines and so did the Philippine national elections.

As you may observed, from one shots and in snippets along the chapters of my books, I am an extremely political person. Critiquing the aristocracies of the government.

Now the preliminary/unofficial results have been published, and I am dismayed.

Why? Let's have a Philippine History Speedrun.

Ferdinand Marcos Jr. Or more commonly known as Bongbong Marcos / BBM is a current presidential aspirant in the Philippines is the son of late dictator Ferdinand Marcos Sr. Or FEM.

FEM was the dictator president of the country for over thirty years. This ignited the EDSA revolution that finally ousted the Marcos regime.

It took so many years and so many deaths.

With his son in the front lines of the election I felt like we failed as a nation.

I failed as a volunteer whom— risked hours if my time going in house to house campaigns.

The Marcoses are entitled pieces of shit who only thinks of power and glory. Let me say this explicitly. If you are an apologist, leave. I don't want to waste my breath and anger on your close minded way if thinking.

Commission on elections (COMELEC) have junked 4 disqualification cases for BBM.

Disappointed but not surprised. 

Other that over 1800 vote counting machines being reported as faulty and/or broken but they did not act upon it.

Other that the Marcoses, there are the Dutertes. Sara Duterte, the current president— Rodrigo Duterte's daughter is running as Vice President.

The mayor of Davao and her father have committed major human rights violations during their respective regime with declaring martial law in Davao and Extra-judicial killings all over the country for the sake of Duterte's War on Drugs campaign back in 2016.

Sara Duterte as Vice President vows to implement a structural military service for young adults starting from the age of 18.

Just like Korea she said.

Philippines is not Korea.

We don't have the funds, the material nor the time to invest in a structural military service.

I WILL NOT WASTE 2 YEARS FOR SOMETHING I DON'T WANT TO TAKE PART OF! IM STUDYING TO BECOME A FUCKING LAWYER NOT A GENERAL FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Honestly, i blame the rising of dis and misinformation at fault for the guilible and naive people in the country. 

And I absolutely hate the "adults" who give me the minor card for involving myself in politics.

"But Aeri, you're not yet a voter" they said.

I may not be a voter yet but my future is just as important as the next person's.

I will never forget the things history taught us. I will never forgive those who choose the oppressors just to prove us kakampinks a point.

I will always choose the Philippines. For the Philippines.

It's just that it's getting harder and harder to love my own country when all the people are worse that slimy fish.

Nakakaputangina kayong mga enabler.

Last night, I watched as they took my future away from me.

On the official recounts, I will wait.

I will have hope.

The Philippines will win.

I've been called delusional at incapable of logic.

As a Debater I take full offense.

I will not settle for a president and vice president who disregards the importance of debates.

I won't fathom a world where WE stay oppressed and silence.

I will not be quiet. I WILL SHOUT, I WILL CRITICIZE AND I WILL LET MY VOICE BE HEARD.

Lol not to mention the senate slate is filled with convicted thieves and plunderers.

Fucking hell.

I'm sorry Atty. Chel Diokno, I did all I could.

But I will fight for you sir. And for the people.

If they want to shut me up ....

Kill me.

Sorry dear readers if you have to read this.

Hopefully.... We will win this time.

Until then, I'll see you on the other side.

Thank you for everything.

See you next time.