Part 36

Lilian pulled out a sword while Margaret and Warren took out a book from their bags. With full concentration in her eyes, Lilian started to swing her sword stronger and faster. Margaret and Warren were already immersed in their books.

Once in a while, Margaret put down her book and gathered her mana to make something. By the looks of it, Zoella guessed she was trying to make a shield. Despite her failures, Margaret seemed to get more motivated to master it.

Meanwhile, Warren still focused on his book, and sometimes he wrote some notes on it.

"By the way, are there any nobles who were rude when you talk to them, Warren?"

Lilian asked as her hand still swung her sword.

Zoella flinched. As long as she knew Warren, he was someone who always avoided the nobles as he didn't want to get in trouble. He was ambitious when it comes to his academics but he also wanted to play it safe.

But that Warren was talking to the nobles?

"It was fine. I already get used to it."

"I told you. You should've done that earlier just like me."

"Can you two be quiet? I can't concentrate."

Margaret protested with her brows knotted. She poured all of her attention into the mana that she gathered to make a shield. Her hand didn't stop moving in order to make it perfect.

Lilian chuckled and didn't let out any words again.

Zoella kept observing Lilian and Margaret's training. She decided to ignore Warren since she wouldn't know what that guy was writing.

'Why did they do it like that?'

Zoella had already seen how Lilian trained a couple of times. But this time, it was slightly different. If it was somebody else, they might just think that they were training hard. However, Zoella saw it in a different light.

Not only Lilian, but she also saw the same thing with Margaret.

'Why are they in such a hurry?'

Her two friends looked like they were being chased by something from Zoella's perspective. No matter how fast and strong Lilian's swing, her stance looked unstable. And no matter how hard Margaret tried to shape her mana, her focus was divided.

It wasn't hard for Zoella to connect this and that together and deduced their strange behavior over the past few days.

A little smile formed on her face and she let out a sigh of relief. They really made her nervous for no reason.

Slowly, Zoella stepped out from her hiding spot.

"Lilian, your need to focus not only on your strength but also on your stance. Margaret, try to relax your mind and imagine the thing that you're going to make. And Warren... just keep doing what you doing."

"Zoe?!"

The sword fell from Lilian's hand. Margaret's mana disappeared instantly. And Warren started to think about some excuses in his head. Surprised, nervous, and confused mixed together showed on their faces.

Zoella looked at them with a grin on her face.

"Why? Keep going."

"No, wait. How did you-"

Lilian didn't continue her words as the answer suddenly popped into her mind. She and Warren looked at Margaret who seemed nervous in disappointment.

"W-w-what? I didn't sense her presence."