Chapter 13

All of you took a seat on the floor near the desk. A couple boxes of pizza were set in the middle and paper plates and napkins were handed out. While you, Oliver, Peter, and Amanda ate, Sun sat crisscross next to you. He had a huge grin on his face as he swayed from side to side.

"So, management said that once we're done with all the upgraded stuff, we can leave early," Peter said.

"Really? They'll let us do that?" you asked.

"Yup. I think once we're done eating and cleaned up the place, I'm gonna head to Bonnie Bowling. A lot of my friends work there, so I plan on bothering them and bragging," Amanda said.

"I might join you. My girlfriend and her friends love bowling, so maybe all of us could play a few matches," Peter suggested.

"You have a girlfriend?" you asked.

"Yeah, Peter's got a girlfriend~. And Peter and his girlfriend are gonna try to have a baby~," Amanda teased, grabbing Peter's shoulders.

"Sh-shut up, we're not even married," he grumbled.

"Peter's gonna have a kid!" Amanda yelled.

Peter shoved her as she started laughing, falling onto her side. You covered your mouth, trying not to laugh for his sake.

"When you have a kid, can I be their big brother?" Oliver asked.

Peter smile and ruffled his hair, a red tint on his cheeks. "Yeah, sure thing bud," he said.

"Hey, (y/n), you got a special someone in your life?" Amanda asked, sitting up.

"Eh, no. I had a few lovers in high school but it never lasted long," you said.

"Dang. Sorry to hear that. I'd say find someone here, but I don't think management will take too kindly to that," she said.

"Oh fu-rick no. No company likes their employees hooking up with each other. The only time it's okay for two employees to be dating is if they were dating before they got the jobs there," Peter said, earning a glare from Sun.

"I also don't really know anyone besides you two and Sun," you said.

"Then you should totally join us for bowling! You'll get to meet a bunch of new people!" Amanda said.

"I guess we can do that," you said.

"But... then I'm gonna be by myself..." Sun mumbled, looking down at the floor and fiddling with his pant legs.

"Can't you come with us?" you asked.

"Sadly, no. The daycare attendant isn't allowed to leave the daycare until after hours. Even though it's closed today, he still can't be wandering around," Peter said.

"Oh..." you mumbled.

It was quiet for a minute. Now you were torn. Yeah, you did want to go hang out with everyone and have fun, but you hated the idea of leaving Sun by himself. If it wasn't for those software and cosmetic upgrades, he'd be able to have fun playing with the children. There might've been a chance you could've actually left him alone for a little and messed around in some of the attractions.

"I think I'll stay here," you said.

"Really?!" Sun exclaimed, brightening up.

"You sure?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, I can stay and hang out with him," you said, smiling.

"Can I go bowling with them?" Oliver asked.

"You guys okay with babysitting?" you asked.

"Totally! I bet he'll be a hit with the staff," Amanda said.

"Yay!" Oliver cheered, jumping up and down.

"Hey! Finish your pizza before you step on it," you said.

Oliver stopped jumping and looked down at the ground, swinging his foot back and forth while holding his hands behind his back.

"Finish it or I eat it," you said, reaching for his half-eaten slice.

"No!" Oliver yelled, grabbing it and holding it away from you.

You laughed, shaking your head.

Once everyone was done eating, the five of you cleaned up the food and did one final clean of the daycare. You were done in record time, which made you pretty happy.

"Alright, you have both of our numbers. Just text us when you want to get Oliver and head home. If he falls asleep or we decide to leave, we'll bring him back," Peter said.

"Alright, thank you. Here's a bit of money in case he wants to buy something like a toy or some food," you said, handing Peter eighty dollars.

"Got it. We can take him to the gift shop at some point," he said, tucking the money in his front pants pocket.

"Have fun with the daycare attendant!" Amanda called as the three left.

"Bye bye!" Oliver yelled, waving with the hand that wasn't holding Peter's.

You waved to them as the door shut, trying to stay calm. Oliver would be fine. He was in good hands. You felt Sun wrap his arms around you as he lifted you up, nuzzling your shoulder.

"Thank you so much, Sunshine!" he said.

"Sunshine?" you asked, giggling.

"Yup! Because you're bright like the sun!" he said.

You laughed and shifted in his arms to where you were facing him, hugging him back.

"So, what do you want to do?" you asked.

"Oh, how can I decide? There's so much we could do together!" Sun exclaimed, spinning you around. "We could draw, play games, tell stories- oh! I want to hear you sing! Moon got to hear you sing, so I should get to as well!"

"Alright, why don't we dim the lights so you and Moon can both hear," you suggested.

"Oh, that's a wonderful idea! You're so smart!" Sun said, setting you down and booping your nose.

You smiled and walked over to the light switch, adjusting the daycare lights to where they were about half way between fully on and completely off. Turning back, you watched as the daycare attendant shifted into his Eclipse form. He let out a small giggle in Sun's voice, spinning around and hugging himself. He looked cute in your mind, surprisingly enough.