Chapter 34 ~ Confessions

⚠️

Recap:

The siren made it look easy.

Around half-past three, Reyna decided that enough was enough and excused herself to go and find her bed. Most had already disappeared to their rooms, while others had fallen asleep on the couches. The only ones still awake were Sam, Thor, Tony, and Vision, who sat immersed in an exceptionally consequential game of go-fish by the time she left. She wandered through the hallways, singing and humming to herself, disappearing into her mind. Suddenly, she ran straight into the tall and lean frame that was Loki, who was just exiting his room.

"Watch where you're going, huldra." Loki's voice was cold and foreign to her ears as he pushed past her. Reyna looked at him like she had never seen him before. Why was he so bothered all of a sudden?

"What?"

"Not fulfilling the courting of the Captain, I see," he commented, his glaring green eyes freezing her in place. Of course, he was mad about that. Why wouldn't he be?

"Loki-" he cut her off.

"If you'll excuse me, I have to return to the common room." The god gave her one last bitter glare and turned around. Oh, if only looks could kill. Reyna grew irritated. She knew how stubborn Loki was. He had seen something he didn't like and would refuse to listen to reason if Reyna didn't force him to, and to do that, she needed him to stay put. The mutant let a string of smoke shoot forward and grab hold of the god. It pulled him back into his room and threw him onto the bed while Reyna calmly locked the door behind them. Huh, her magic didn't go haywire immediately, like he said it would. Interesting. Loki's voice brought her back on track.

"Eager, are we now? Did you grow bored with him, so you're going to seduce me instead? Have me unable to stop you?" Loki demanded with a disgusted tone as he propped himself up on his elbows. Reyna tensed. She slowly turned around and studied the glaring god for a moment. Did he actually think she, of all people, was going to force herself on him?

"I'm not going to sing you into submission, you moron," Reyna informed him, disgusted at the mere thought of doing something so cruel. She walked out of the small hallway and leaned against the wall.

"Then what do you want from me?" He snapped.

"Oh, stop being so goddamn dramatic. I know you're pissed about what happened earlier. I also know that you are way too stubborn for your own good. So, if we don't talk this through now, you will go around moping and glaring daggers at everyone for days, and, frankly, I do not have the energy for that," Reyna argued. Loki scoffed in disbelief.

"So, you want us to talk about your little fascination with the Captain? Is that what you have locked us in here for?"

"You really are a moron, aren't you?" Reyna chuckled as her head tilted.

"I beg your pardon?" Loki spat.

"What happened there was me participating in a bet. Nat, Wanda, Clint, and Tony betted on if I could seduce Steve without magic. The girls told me about it, and I was on board. I have no interest in that man and no intention of going all the way," Reyna explained as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.