FULFF

I know I am late in updating, but hey! see your chapter is here.

WARNING: VERY MUCH FLUFF

The kitchen clock made of crystal glass struck 2 AM in the morning yet there were two people in the darkness of night that looked at one other without blinking while the third person was sleeping without a care.

The tiny baby twinkled her cyan irises tinged with a hue of grey at Ares in curious interest while the man watched her with similar eyes in silence, another little sneeze as frail and delicate as a flower petal falling, left the adorable princess making her scared.

She might have screamed at the top of her little lungs right now if it wasn't for her father who had his eyes widened and then blushed with so much embarrassment and wonder. His calloused finger booped her small nose as he laughed at her funny face yet trying to be as quiet as possible.

The baby pouted when she felt that those chuckles were directed towards her.

"Eyes match, tantrums match and even the face match.....".this was his flesh and blood. His blood was flowing inside her, his each mannerism imprinted on her. Yet how come was she so cute?....oh, she took after her mom.

Even her sneezes were precious. How can someone be so adorable? It was like Rose yet even a more tiny version....maybe a super mini combination of Rose and him. That made him laugh again making Peony giggle too.

Dark circles under his eyes indicated his obsession with watching over his daughter.

It was already a month since Peony was born, Ares understood the biology well and even graduated at the top of his class yet every single day when he was with his child, his little princess he called her, he dared not be careless. He did not wish to miss out on anything and in case she did something out of ordinary, he was always ready with a camera.

Rose was sleeping at the side of the bed, she also had her hand full of tasks these days, which ranged from feeding the baby to sing a lullaby yet Peony did not had an idea what was to sleep at night. The child slept throughout the day and then stayed wide awake at night as if it was the perfect time that she thought for play and upon finding no one....shouting.

Teary eyes looked up at him making him coo at her, Ares held up Peony in his arms, settling her on his chest and got up from the bed.

"Be quiet princess, let's not wake your mom." One arm held her while another arm tucked a long strand of silky hair belonging to Rose, watching it glide through his palms. Rose had grown her locks to be longer, after going through the intense pain of pregnancy she had lost a significant amount of her beautiful glazed ink hair yet tried to take care of it to the best of her abilities because she knew that he loved them.....yet maybe she did not realize that he loved all of her.

Ares tucked his wife well with the thick woolen blanket, it was frosty outside and maybe it would be the first snow of the season. His family's first snow.

His Peony's first snow.

Now he had two people to take care of.

Letting Rose sleep while he at days took care of Peony was a norm thus the man sneaked out with the bundle wrapped up in warmth and took her to the drawing-room having French windows made up of glass.

"Yeeaa...abu...abua" Maybe that was a form of exclamation or she was really annoyed by her father.....who knows yet the tiny princess looked out the windows in embrace of her father and realized that irregular white were fruits falling in from sky.

Yellow light igniting the entire front lawn made it seem ethereal, snowflakes shining under the soft tints of marigold fell upon the pink roses in the garden. Peonies of many kinds were planted just a week ago in the greenhouse.

Those peonies were a representation of her...the precious mafia princess.

Ares looked down only to find his daughter already watching him and smiled in return.

"You are my princess and I am the King, do you want to celebrate your first snow?" Ares knew it was silly yet he did not care as he laughed in mirth and there began a little dance that they did without any music or tune. Ares moved side by side humming a melody as Peony was swayed in the wind, cold chill could not reach her since the warmth in those arms that held her were overpowering.

It was as if the jingling of bells can be heard far away when Peony giggled making Ares laugh. The harmonious pair dancing and sneaking out was seen by Rose as she stood against the wall smiling and sighing simultaneously.

Those two were both little children here.

"Sweet baby."

"Aiaaa"

Those sounds called her and even before she had time to react Ares pulled Rose forward in his arms and trapped Peony in between.

"Happy anniversary pretty baby.

Peony, Mom and Dad were married today and it has already been two years." The child understood nothing yet sensing the beautiful surroundings stick to Ares.

"A very happy anniversary daddy. I think now I regret not marrying you earlier." Laughter and mirth mingled into the air as Rose pressed a kiss onto Ares's cheek in return but before she could pull back, his lips had already hungrily descended onto hers.

"YayayYAYAYA!!"