𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 Ⅲ: "𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐭!"

☆

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

..:* Approaching a month, the previous few weeks of Arata's life were pretty routine and mundane.

Deciding that staying in a dirty, vomit-smelling alley was unfit for her greatness, she started to clean the place up. It made a good hideout because, after a few days of exploring, she knew all the nooks and crannies, and tiny, unnoticeable pathways that would make a great getaway track.

There were two entrances to the alley, and they were both pretty nicely placed. One was the back of an udon restaurant, where the trash was disposed. It was extremely putrid, as it was a busy restaurant, being the only udon restaurant in the town. Even the staff procrastinated on throwing away the trash, trying to make others do it, and even if they had to do it, they quickly threw it and ran.

The other entrance was near a school and a small little park, which was almost always full of people, mostly children, so it was easy for a small box to go unnoticed. The street vendors that sold food were near this entrance. In fact, the hardest part was to avoid getting kicked by children on the way to, and back. On days that Arata was unbothered to steal some pastries, she would count it as her cheat day, and get some udon.

After a few days of effort, what Arata first thought of as a smelly, disgusting alleyway, was now something like home. For one thing, it was clean. She even managed to hang a realistic-looking brick wall curtain over both entrances, in case of emergency. When the weather was bad, she would just camp out in the udon restaurant.

One particularly well-hidden 'secret' passageway was now her emergency bunker. There was a stash of longer-lasting pastries, and even if they were close to expiring, she would eat them, and refill them, cups of water, and even a nice stack of cotton she pulled from some blankets. She kept her pet cat, Mew, down there as well, after she took pity on it and took it in on a rainy day.

Mew was the cutest thing ever, after Arata. It was a black cat, with a white stripe on her back. Arata would sometimes dress Mew up in little fabrics. Arata herself wasn't too badly dressed either. She would steal some clothing and admire herself in shards of broken glass.

When the first time she discovered glass, she was so shocked to see what she looked like, that she cut herself on the sharp edges. After regenerating, she admired herself from all angles.

Her skin was a light shade of peach. Her eyes were a cool shade of blue and faded to a brighter turquoise. It always reminded her of a waterfall, which she saw once in a book someone threw away.

She had hair that went a little past her shoulders, that was a warm, beige color. Her bangs would always change, sometimes tucked behind her ears, sometimes all flat out front. Her hair ended in little curls, and no matter how much she tucked it away, a few curled strands of hair would be in front of each of her ears.