Sneak Peek

Niccolo D'Genova

"Boss, Mrs. Williams is here."

"As expected. Bring her to my study." I commanded, getting up from the steel chair. "With no harm at all."

I had to add the rest. This mansion crawled with dangerous men that killed off anything that wasn't familiar to them.

The guard emitted a word in understanding, keeping his head low as he turned around and walked out of the cell. I could hear his footsteps fade away, his voice passing discreet words of my new command to the other members.

My eyes strayed back to the tainted beauty chained to the wall, half conscious, half starving. Her platinum blond hair was knotted up and bushy, her pale skin covered in dirt, the long white dress torn and tormented like anything.

It did hurt to see her like this but it was her choice, not mine. I gave her an option, I showed her a life with riches and power and luxury, everything she could dream of.

And she was still here, unable to swallow the pride to bend down to me. I was strangely amused and felt my respect for her only grow.

Even though her form was weak, her emerald green eyes were burning into me, rage was visible, all to maybe even kill me.

"Now you have someone else trapped?" Her voice was harsh, it sounded as if she was a thirsty woman whose throat haven't been blessed with a drop of water in days.

I shrugged, smirking."I wouldn't want anyone here for any other reason."

"You are a monster."

"Thank you." A low groan escaped her throat as if she was tired of dealing with me every time we met.

Well, for me it was just the converse.

"You are sick. Leave the lady be, as if torturing me wasn't enough time pass for you."

My eyes shot up at her command. I tried breaking her but instead, she is demanding me about others. Order me around? Really?

I am the Mafia boss for fucks sake.

Her emerald stones shone maliciously in hatred and disgust. It looked so deep, it was as if she would never change that emotion whenever she would look at me.

She shouldn't.

"Ahem. It's my business, not yours." I said stiffly, eliminating my thoughts. I grinned at the way she gritted her teeth in frustration. "Finish that plate before I come in next time, Elena."

With that I strode out of the cell, hearing an exasperated huff behind me. Her stubbornness, fuck.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I changed my shirt before heading to my study, a new fresh look and face already on display.

I wasn't about to meet any woman. It was Athena Williams, wife of Ace Williams, and treating her like a sinner and enemy wouldn't be in my mind.

Shouldn't be in my mind.

I stopped at the gigantic royal doors, carved out of expensive wood and polished. I took a moment to listen to any noises inside, which were none, and then silently entered.

Athena

I remembered myself saying this to someone.

"I would never support any organization that does harm to the society, I would never seek help. Why would I?"

I dared to look up at the guard right opposite me, standing behind the large empty nroyal plush chair. I forced a smile but dropped it just as fast seeing him look over me sternly.