Chapter 4 - Now

It's been a few minutes since she spoke to Reverend Mother cookie. She didn't take the advice well, she can't rest. Not here, not now. Pastry grabbed some of her clothes that she "would take the laundry room". In reality she was going to find somewhere with fresh air, alone without any guards peeking making sure she didn't walk too far. The guards have been extra observant of her after the Tower incident, they must have been ordered to keep an eye on her. The Order is pretty strict with freedom. She grabbed her room key and left. She walked for a bit before hearing some voices.

- She is a threat to us!"

- Yes she is Shadow Sister, but remember. We rebaked her to listen to commands and she will. She won't say a word."

Pastry stopped in front of a door and laid her eyes on it, listening after the voices.

- .. you really think she will?"

- ...Not anymore, no. I don't trust her now, she knows too much. I'm afraid there is only one way."

- We'll silence her tomorrow, then. She'll be as good as new."

- Perfect. Thank you for your visit."

The voices of Mother cookie and Shadow Sister.. this can't be real. Rebaking..? Cookies, so cruel? All she has ever done is tried to fit in the mold. She was baked to be obedient and follow instructions until she crumbles. They plan to silence her now! What else do they want of her? She got ORDERED to go into that Tower!

Pastry's grip hardened and she felt her fingers sink into the material. A lone tear formed in her eye and she started walking back to her room.

With a tight grip on her clothes she walked past all the cookies while her sight became blurry and eyes wattery. She could hear the cookies talk but she didn't bother look behind herself now.

( They probably all think I'm a wasted piece of dough.)

Pastry didn't know what hurt more. Mother not trusting her or the silencing that's happening because of her not reaching EVERY COOKIE'S expectations. Because she wasn't like every cookie. Everything on her mind made her forget to eat or drink that day.

At last Pastry opened the door to her room and walked in. She locked it and put the clothes she carried back on the bed. Pastry knew exactly where to go. She had to get out of here. Now.