Chapter 9

It's been 2 days since Ryder had gone overseas. Everything was normal, except that we didn't go to a high-class restaurant. Hah.

Sad thing is, I've got a lot of homework recently and I've got no time to hang out with the rest. I mean after school, I'm not free. The exam's are coming and I decided to really listen in class instead of talking or daydreaming. So that's why I'm only able to talk to Rachel and the boys during lunch.

It was the second period after lunch and I realised Jackson, who have the same class as me, was not in class. This was the first time. I was kinda worried. But I thought maybe it was family matter.

But after that lesson, Seth and Jackson, who were supposed to have the same class as me, were both not here. I was suspicious and worried. Maybe something happened to them?

I was then when I felt my phone vibrate. Maybe it's them.

I secretly took out my phone to check.

Seth:
Avery, I need u to take ur bags with u after this lesson. Meet me at the carpark. We're skipping class.

Me:
Why? What happen? Are u injured? Where's Jackson?

Seth:
Jackson's with me. No, we're not hurt. But we need to leave ASAP. I'll tell u what happen when we meet.

Me:
Okay. How about Rachel?

Seth:
Jackson already told her. She's meeting with us too.

Me:
Oh. Okay. Be careful.

Seth:
I will. Don't worry about us. Did u forget what Ryder said about us? We can definitely beat people up. We're strong. *wink* Just focus in class. We are fine, will be fine. See u later, Ave. :)

Although Seth said not to worry, it is basically impossible not to. I couldn't concentrate in class.

After 32 excruciating mintutes. The bell finally rang. I took my bag and dashed out.
I scanned the carpark when I reached.

Seth:
Rachel's car.

I looked to the direction of Rachel's car and spotted them.

I jogged towards them.

"What happen?" I asked worriedly.

Jackson and Seth ignored me and I turned to look at Rachel. She shrugged.

"I'm driving. Seth, beside me. You two, back seat," Jackson said.

We nodded.

"You gave Jackson your car keys?" I whispered to Rachel.

She nodded. "He said it was important. No time to joke. He looked so serious and scary, I didn't dare to disobey him."

That explains why she let him drive her baby.

"What if he hurts your baby?" I asked.

"He promised he won't. And if he did, he promised he'll buy another one for me," she shrugged.

"I bet it will be Ryder who'd be paying for it," I grinned.

"Maybe. Do you know what this is about?" She asked.

"I don't know. It sounds serious,"

"Because it is," She replied. I rolled my eyes.

"What's happening?" I asked the guys.

They looked at each other.

"Uhm...." Jackson started.

"We just wanted to hang out?" Seth finished the sentence.