Chapter eight ⁸ | Yes, Please

Milo found Charlie sitting there and walked over, sitting down in the spot next to Charlie like beforehand when they'd first sat there, Milo giving Charlie a worried look

"I saw you walking away from Ben. Look I told him not to bother you anymore if he does just tell me, please." Milo explained, causing Charlie to agree, though before the two could talk more about it, Nick joined them on the couch again on the right side of Charlie.

"Hi." Nick greeted the two, getting two smiles and greetings in return.

"You guys left." Nick pointed out, wondering where they had both gone.

"Sorry I... felt like I... Well, we were in the way. And your year eleven friends are kind of intimidating." Charlie spoke honestly, causing Milo to drape an arm over Charlie's shoulder comfortingly.

"Plus I wasn't used to big crowds anymore, there were a lot of your year eleven friends." Milo explained why both had left not just one of them.

" Yeah, I don't know if I want to hang out with those guys anymore. I'd rather hang out with you two, anyway." Nick shared with them his new realisation.

"So I just ran into Ben." Charlie blurted out casually to fill the silence that took place after Nick's words. Nick looks worried now at Charlie.

"Ben?" Nik repeated glancing over at Milo who nodded to show it was true.

"Yeah. I mean... I dealt with it. He tried to like, apologise for what happened, but I pushed him into a wall and told him to go away. I think he or the message this time." Charlie confirmed he'd walked into Ben but stopped him.

Nick's worried face turned to surprise and then a smile at the information. Milo was also smiling while absentmindedly rubbing the back of his neck where Ben had harshly grabbed.

"I'm so proud!" Nick placed his hand on Charlie's, grabbing it gently while Charlie let out a playful " Shut up!"

"Milo ran into Ben right afterwards since we got split up while walking around." Charlie mentioned afterwards making Nick glance at Milo again, smile fading remembering what Ben had said that one time after school about Milo.

"Actually you never really told me what happened." Charlie realised turning to look at Milo as well, Milo dropping his hand away from his neck seeing the two watching him.

"Oh, yeah, um, I shoved him too and gave him a few words." Milo chose to leave out certain details, his hands fiddling with his jeans.

"Are you sure that's all?" Nick asked, noticing Milo's sudden fidgeting causing Milo to look away searching for the right words to reply with.

"There was a little unwanted touching but I stopped it from continuing." Milo gave in as he explained a little detail of what happened, though at their worried faces he added in "I shoved him twice, hard, and told him to back off Charlie and I. If he didn't catch the memo from Charlie he definitely does now."