𝟯𝟵. 𝘁𝘀𝘂𝗺𝘂'𝘀 𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗻

GUESS WHO'S DUCKING BACK.
I JUST COULDNT LEAVE IT LIKE THAT‼️‼️

atsumu lies on his back, staring at the wooden rafters carrying the bed above him. he thought about some unpleasant things, and he thought about voicing those unpleasant things, but he wondered if he really felt like his brother scolding him at the moment. his blond hair was freshly washed, skin slightly dewy from the shower as he huffs lightly.

"frick." he eventually complains. "it took a long ass time to get that peanut butter out my hair."

he earns a light scoff from his brother on the top bunk. he was probably scrolling on his phone right now, amused face alit by the screen as his thick eyebrows raise. "honestly, ya had it comin'."

"nah," he denies, "but i'll tell ya what, samu,"

"what, tsumu?"

"suna's tryna steal our girl."

"..." he thinks about his sibling's annoyed words for a moment, feeling somewhat troubled at the prospect, and he's displeased with himself when he feels a spark of jealousy within him. but whatever irritation he felt was short-lived, his voice as monotone and mocking as usual.

"she's not our girl, tsumu. stop embarrassin' yerself with that shit. but i'll tell ya what, tsumu."

"...what?"

"she might be our sister soon-"

"agh!" he suddenly shouts, leaning up so fast that his head bumps against the top of the second bunk. he groans, rubbing his head painfully before aggressively shaking his head. osamu blinks owlishly at the outburst.

"hell no!" atsumu decries. "ain't no way that girl is my sister!"

"but she might be dumbass,...
and yer gonna need to accept that."

"..."

"alright?" samu tries, quirking a curious brow at his brother's silence as he peeks over the top bed, greyish eyes scanning the darkness below for tsumu. he sees nothing; tsumu was probably somewhere curled beside the wall, pouting in a makeshift ball of blankets. he was always a big baby like that.

"no." is all he says. "and you should stop pretending you're okay with it, samu."

samu scoffs a little at the implication, gnawing on the insides of his cheeks as he leans back into his pillow, his attention resuming to his phone as he tries to brush off his brother's words. but atsumu doesn't let him.

"c'mon, ya don't think i'm dumb, do ya?"

"yer incredibly dumb."

"..." atsumu doesn't necessarily deny that statement, but he huffs a little, shutting his honey-brown eyes as he relaxes against the wall. he didn't feel like bickering with osamu as much as he did other nights, tired from the peanut butter fight, but he makes no effort to stop the next words from escaping him.

"i know ya like her."

"hmph."

"i'm serious, samu. and i say we try to split them-"

"ya big idiot! it's not gonna work!"

"it might!"

"no!" the more reasonable of the two quickly shuts down, his grip on his phone tightening, but he's not really paying attention to the youtube video playing anymore.

"and it's not fair to do that to dad- to her mom, too!"

"agghh." tsumu groans again, but this time he snatches a pillow and shoves his face into it, letting it absorb the angry sound. after all, he didn't want his dad waking up and hearing their conversation they were having now. it's not a particularly good idea for his father to hear his own son planning to sabotage him.

"but don't ya want her?" he whispers, catching samu off-guard with the blunt question.

"what's it matter?"

"i dunno 'bout'chu," tsumu starts. "but i like that y/n girl. n' i sure as hell don't wanna lose her just because dad's found another temporary chick to bang."

"..." osamu ponders those words, letting them sink into every crevice of his brain as he slowly realizes the truth in it. he understood where his twin was going with this, and he wasn't exactly proud of himself as he felt somewhat tempted by the idea.

"n'... i know ya know that i'm right," he gradually continues, tone low and thoughtful, if not a little guilty, as he idly fidgets with his blankets. "n' yer my brother, so i also know ya kinda wanna go through with the plan."

"what plan?" osamu suddenly snaps, shutting his phone off and letting it fall onto his belly as he sits up, the top of his grey hair almost grazing the ceiling.

he can hear atsumu begin to grin in the darkness, devious intentions plaguing his mind as satisfaction hits him. "see? knew ya'd wanna know."

"...just spit it out already."

atsumu lets out a little laugh
before divulging the gilded information.

"school's gonna be done soon," iwaizumi says from beside you, catching you a little off guard at the sudden sobriety of it all. "mm, yeah." you nod, a bit sad at the implication, but curious to hear what he had to say about it.

he walks with his hands shoved in his jacket pockets, walking with a swag you've never seen before as the two of you approach the bus stop.

"uh, and well," he says a bit awkwardly, standing with you when you reach the stop, now awaiting for the bus to come. "we probably won't see each other as much... with me and kawa graduating and stuff."

you frown at that, pretty lips pursing with thought. "yeah..."

"but i just wanted you to know that i'll be here whenever you need me, alright? just shoot me a text, and i swear i'll be there."

"but y-you're still here now,... right?" you ask, peering up at him as a hesitant smile appears on your lips. he offers a light chuckle at that, greenish eyes softening at your concern. "of course, just wanted to say it in advance." he tells you, and you nod with understanding.

the two of you watch the bus pull up, and he mutters something under his breath, barely loud enough for you to hear. "before oikawa does, at least."

"um, well," you glance behind your shoulder as you slowly board the vehicle, sending the man a fond smile as you awkwardly wave at him. "thanks for hanging out with me, iwa-chan." his ears get all red at the way you say his name.
"and i'll probably see you on the group chat later, right?" you laugh, and he nods, waving back at you with the slightest grin.

"most likely. get home safe, y/n."

"you too, iwa."

and with that you're off. it's only when you find your way to the back of the bus, taking a seat and situating yourself, that your phone dings. curiosity plagues you as you stare at the screen, humming with thought at the sudden message.

tsumu
can i ask you a favor?

the chaps might be a bit shorter, and the story might revolve around less characters and focus on certain ones, but yall i just couldnt leave STRAWBERRY GIRL as it was. it's my fooking magnum opus and yalls support could bring a tear to my fooking eye.

idk how much of yall are left here, or will continue to read this, but i just needed to finish it properly, yk? im working on other books rn too tho, so if u need something to tide u over then... 👀 yup shameless plugs lmfao.

anyways, in all seriousness, much love 💙💙💙