C H A P T E R 67

"Well, it's not like they're a proxy-"

"Then why the fuck do they have the proxy symbol carved into their ankle?!"

The group of four sat by Y/n, all looking at the engraved mark on their foot. And usually they would give a shit about it, but they were beyond tired, their eyelids drooping and head dropping onto Brian's shoulder. At some point they had just let themselves lean their head against Brian.

"Look, maybe it's just temporary. M-my proxy mark is a lot deeper than Y/n's, and I've had mine for years." Toby said, running his finger on the mark.

"Can't we just deal with this in the morning?" Y/n asked, kicking their foot to shoo away Toby. He only grumbled, going to sit on his bed.

"Fine, but we have to get to the bottom of this." Masky said, making Y/n only wave a hand at his direction. They didn't even need to get comfortable back into the bed before their eyes shut closed, mind wandering into a state of dreaming.

~

The next morning Y/n woke up early, and for once it wasn't because of the proxies making so much noise. This time it was because of some natural cause.

They quietly picked out a simple outfit, then went into the bathroom quietly to get changed for the errand they were going to run. It's been a while since they would do things by themselves. And because of what happened last night, Y/n wanted to do things that were normal before it was too late.

Tip towing out the bus, Y/n sighed, slipping their shoes on. They remembered one of their coworkers talking about a cafe nearby.

'Might as well try it.'

They put their earbuds in and played their favorite playlist, walking in the direction of what they heard the cafe was. Hey, what was there worse that could happen? If they got lost, then they could just Google maps themselves back.

After ten minutes, Y/n luckily found the cafe they heard of, relief washing over them. They were starting to doubt their incredible navigation skills.

The singer pulled their hood up and then stuffed their hands into their pockets. Because they were on tour, it was very likely that some of their fans would be in the cafe as they start waiting in line by the venue.

Entering in, the bell chimed on top of them, signaling their presence. Fortunately, no one looked back as the place was packed with people in line.

'Ah shit, Nathaniel is going to kill me.'

Y/n grabbed their phone and started scrolling through social media, not wanting to seem weird or like a loner.

"Oh wow... another influencer cancelled... how surprising!" They muttered under their breath as they kept on scrolling. When they opened Instagram, they decided they should update their story to keep everyone updated on just what the hell they were doing. Not like they had any clue about that anyways.