3.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<3.5>
the astronomy tower

THE SKIES WERE GRAY AS THE CLOUDS painted over the sun. And as the sound of thunder would continuously roar, it was obvious that rain would soon be evident.

      Rainy days were Petunia's favorite kind of days. She enjoyed the noise of the droplets that would pattern against windows, buildings, or sidewalks — and found a sort of comfort from it.

she almost became dependent on it.

     And because of this small meeting she just attended, Petunia was almost grateful to see the darkened sky — leading her to explore the school more. The familiar dark lake, the rocky trails leading to areas she had yet to discover. Petunia mindlessly walked through the empty areas — finding her way to a tall building.

the astronomy tower.

      Petunia was never one to go against the law — as she assumed entering this unattended building would be considered trespassing. But as she placed her hand on the cold doorknob, turning it as gently as she could — Petunia almost believed it was fate that it was unlocked.

So, she stepped in.

      Reluctantly, her thoughts still running wild from just thirty minutes ago, the blonde's small steps barely made a noise as she looked around the circular room — displaying posters and tapestries in every corner of the wall.

there was a staircase.

       It was narrow, only being wide enough for two passing people. And as Petunia looked at it momentarily, seeing the royal blue carpet that decorated the middle of it, she continued her curious steps — lifting her foot one after the other, already out of breath from the height.

the sound of rain soon appeared.

      And as if that was the reason for motivation, Petunia ignored her growing uneven breaths, finding herself going faster up the stairs — twisting as the stairs did, right into the openness of the building.

She stared at the sight.

    Pillars, supporting the roof, decorated around the small building. And as the balcony of the room was barely decorated, Petunia found herself heading to the small bench that stood lonely on the opposite end, easily portraying the entire sight of the grounds.

in that moment, she almost smiled.

     The rain that had started only added to the beauty of the school. And because of the darkness, the lights decorated every inch of the brick, illuminating the castle.

it was almost starry.

She stared breathlessly.

       Petunia leaned forward, her arms resting right in front of her, and her hair shortly blew to the side — making her occasionally tuck in the strands. But she didn't mind it, as it was the least of her worries.