Consequences .036

Ava managed to persuade Berlin to leave the hallway. They were in a separate office. The heist was just beginning, and the drama had begun, heavy. This was something that would shatter a lot of the group members. It would separate a lot of them. 

        "Explain." Berlin snapped, his anger boiling again. He'd been able to settle his anger for a few hours, but it was back to a boiling point. Ava stared at him without saying anything for a moment. She didn't know what he knew so she didn't want to incriminate herself by saying something more than it was. He pulled the belt from his jumpsuit, tossing it onto the ground beside Ava's feet. "Sergio's belt." He added quickly. He stared at her. His face was full of rage. Ava's heart sunk. She had to explain the best she could without making him hate her for the rest of forever. "Ava." He stepped a bit closer to her but forced himself to back off again. He was getting to upset. He had to calm himself down before he went insane. "Explain." He repeated. Her silence was worse than her speaking. 

           "It's Rio's belt, ask Tokyo." Her lie was the best that she could come up with. Berlin almost laughed, a scoff leaving his lips and he brought his shaky hands to cover his face for a moment. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. The fact that she was lying said so much more happened than what he even expected. 

          "Don't give me that shit." He said, bringing his hands back down to his sides. "Don't lie to me." Ava stared at him in silence. She didn't know how she was supposed to bring herself to admit to it. "It's Sergio's belt. I've seen him wear it before. I know that belt." He repeated it again. He didn't want her to sit there and lie to his face. That just made it so much harder. "Just tell me why Palermo brought it here or I'll ask him myself." He assumed why, but he wanted to hear her admit it. If she could do it, she could say it. Ava tried to stop her tears from falling. She shoved a hand up, wiping the tears from her face. He was unphased with her crying right now. He knew they were only guilty tears. 

        "I think you know why." Ava danced around it. 

        "You fucked him?" Berlin asked the question aggressively. His eyes were dark and cold. Ava bit down hard on her tongue, taking a deep breath. She'd have to admit to it, even if she wasn't ready to. "Ava, did you fuck my brother?" 

          "We kissed." Ava told him the partial truth. Berlin huffed. Even that was hard for him to hear, but he knew it was going to be more. "I kissed him about a month ago." She spoke. 

          "You kissed him?" Berlin cocked an eyebrow, confusion hitting him like a semitruck. Ava nodded her head slowly. Of course, Ava kissed Sergio. Sergio wasn't the type to step on anyone, especially someone that Andres was with. Sergio barely showed any of his feelings. He couldn't see him making a first move on someone he knew he shouldn't. 

          "I was upset with you, and I wasn't thinking right." She was rambling now. She did that a lot when she was upset. "And I kissed him. He pulled right off. He didn't kiss back. " She wished she could make this better, but it wasn't possible. It got so much worse for both her and Sergio. Sergio had pulled away from their kiss, but the second time, just a few nights before, he kissed her first. He kissed her and Ava, although she knew better, kissed him back. 

           "Okay." Berlin could work with that, but he knew it wasn't just that. If it had just been an angry kiss that didn't last longer than a second, he could've been okay with that. But it wasn't and he knew that. "Where the fuck does the belt come into the story? I don't think he'd take it off if he didn't kiss you back." 

            "He didn't." Ava answered honestly. "I took it off of him." Andres froze completely. His eyes were watching her carefully. He was trying so hard to control himself right now, but his anger was rising. It was tipping over and spilling. "The night before the heist,"