Chapter 17 ~Feelings~

Quick note: i wanted to write a chapter based on Yuki so this chapter will be the last chapter but in Yuki's pov don't worry Haru will have his own chapter too (◠∀・)—☆

Yuki's pov

'Usually I wouldn't be this excited about school. School's boring, annoying, irritating, but yet why am I excited? Why am I looking forward to school... '

I shook my head, clearing away my thoughts as I stepped into the school.

'Speaking of Kaito... He's been hanging out with that guy too much. He's supposed to only talk to me. Me and me only... I've known him for longer, a lot longer than that Haru. '

I was deep in my thoughts until a shadow of a person snapped me out of my thoughts. It was a similar shadow to one I've seen for a long time, the one that I can't help but admire.

"Kaito."

I whispered under my breath. 

'He looked beautiful, just like he always did. Wait, what am I thinking? '

I felt my face heat up. I shouldn't have thoughts like this. I'm a prince and he's just the loner, the loser of the school. It's probably because of something else. It isn't him, it mustn't be him.

His heart was beating quicker and quicker as he stepped closer to Kaito.

'Even if I liked him, he should like me. I mean, I'm the prince, the one everyone loves.'

I thought as a smile creeped up my face, snapping myself back to reality. I cleared all these thoughts in my head, denying that I had feelings for him, since there's no way I do. I turned to greet Kaito. He's quite close. It'd be impolite not to greet him.

'It's nothing, yea, there's no way any of this is because of Kaito. '

I mumbled, making sure no-one heard me as I stepped inside and greeted Kaito with a small smile.

"Good morning, Kaito."

I felt embarrassed, but what was I embarrassed about?

His face looks pretty with a smile...

"Good morning, as well."

His voice is so calm and gentle.

He asked me why I was addressing him. Why else would I be addressing him? It's just the polite thing to do. He should feel honoured that I did. 

"Nothing occurred. I simply want to find you. Can't I? I'm the prince. I am free to do whatever I choose."

His smile... What a wonderful way to start the day.

I'm walking to class with Kaito. How many times have I done this before? Doesn't Haru walk him to class almost every day? I've known him for longer though.

I felt betrayed. He's known me since the start of the school year. He sits next to me. Yet he's hanging out a lot more with Haru, a person he hasn't met for that long. I'm sure we have plenty more chances to walk to class together. He wouldn't refuse me anyway.

I smirked, glancing at Kaito until we reached the classroom. Finally seated down, my attention switched from Kaito to the teacher. As the teacher announced the project, I felt strangely excited. I instantly knew who I wanted to pair up with. This is a rare chance, after all. How could I let this chance slip away from me?

I was excited. As the lesson went by, I started planning where we could go. I'd heard before he liked desserts. Maybe I could take him to that famous cafe nearby. I'm sure he'll be happy to go. I'll order everything on the menu for him! 

As the lesson came to a close, the teacher began talking in detail about the project; I was hoping he'd say we'd be paired up with the person next to us, but he didn't.That's fine, I'll just ask him myself. He'll definitely agree, I mean, why wouldn't he?

But when I saw he was getting ready to leave, I started to think otherwise. What if he didn't want to pair up with me? But why wouldn't he want to? I'm his friend and seatmate, not any less special than Haru... 

'He was about to leave. I needed to go chase after him!'

My vision has been blocked since people started swarming me. It disgusts me that they are. They only like me because of my status, not because I am me. Yet Kaito is different. I can't put it into words, but he's different. 

"Kaito, pair up with me."

I froze, my voice sounding demanding. It wasn't my intention for it to sound like that. I wanted to be kind to him, treat him like Haru does. Quite frankly, this was the first time I felt like this. I didn't know how to deal with these feelings.

"Sure."

Kaito's voice echoed in my head. He said yes! I was excited to say the least. My chest felt warm and I felt happy, genuinely happy. How long has it been since I've felt this feeling..?

Before I started rambling about nonsense, I left the classroom for the bathroom to cool down and process everything. Also, to plan how everything will go, I'll ask him to go to the cafe with me after school, not a date just because of the project. 

Notes:
Sorry for the abrupt end, i know i havent posted in awhile but I've really thought about it and I'll be putting this novel on hold, im not quite sure for how long. I will come back to this novel eventually but it's going on hold for now. Im very sorry for the inconvenience! Please forgive me! (。ŏ﹏ŏ) Again i wish you all an amazing day/night! (*˘︶˘*).。*♡