Chapter 56 - Shove It

"You won't..." she swallowed hard, staring at his joints being wrapped in chains. "You won't kill him, right?"

Her eyes observed the way Reno's hands harshly squeezed the chains around Jules' wrists, appearing to be filled with an unexplainable hatred as he made sure they would hurt him. Once he was secured in the restraints, Walker and Bronsted pulled him to his feet, lifting his arms and attaching his wrist restraints to the suspended chains hooked across the ceiling.

"You all promised."

The moment Jules entered the room, his head had been stuffed in a bag, squeezed around his neck until he stopped resisting, letting the lack of air push his mind into an abyss. Tyler had watched his attempts to fight back, feeling a shatter in her heart when he felt limply onto the floor.

"He better not die from this tortur—"

"Holy shit." Bronsted spun around on his heels as he spat in an annoyed tone, "We heard you the first time, Tessa."

"Then why are you guys being so rough to him?" Tyler pointed to Reno ripped Jule's shirt and throwing it to the side. "You didn't need to take his shirt off."

"It hurts more this way." A wicked smirk pulled Reno's lip when he said that, which made a distressed Tyler face her older brother for reassurance.

Dante had been staring from the back of the room with his arms folded across his chest. His shoulders were broadened, his eyes were wide open as he observed the way Jules let himself be restrained aggressively. It didn't help that he wasn't in the best of moods after his confrontation with Raphael a few days ago. Even worse, they still had no lead on where Nate could possibly be, making it less and less plausible that he was alive.

The sleeves from his dress shirt were rolled, brandishing the thick muscular forearms wrapping his pecs. Although he didn't say anything, his narrowed eyes and flared nostrils made him seem as if he was a famished lion needing to wait to devour his caught prey. At that very moment, all his hatred and rage was targeted to Jules, and as much as Tyler wanted to keep him alive, to him, his soul staying on this earth was not of importance.

"Alright." Reno clamped his hands together. "Let me do the honours."

Tyler, Bronsted, Walker and Molly all stepped backwards and waited. Jules' wrist had been tided to a chain with its end attached to a pulley that wired across the ceiling and back down the side of the wall to a wheel. As Reno began twisting the wheel, Jules grunted when his entire body shifted upwards until his feet were no longer on the ground. He felt the tension on his wrist that were definitely going to dislocate if he hung this way for too long. But the pain was minimal, definitely bearable for now.

He had been prepared for moments like these, had passed the initial test from his own side to be able to withstand torture if it ever happened to them. Even with those countless hours of training, his stomach still felt tight as he stared at the Hercules' first siblings. They had several half siblings, many that they had never meant, but these five were frightening, including Tyler.

He heard clapping in joy, followed by a loud cheer of excitement. It was Reno, who also added, "The show's about to start!"

"There's no show," Tyler spat, folding her arms over her chest and narrowing her eyes at her brother. "You're all hurting him only a little bit and then letting him leave without any severe injuries."

"I don't know about that Tyler, look around the room." Molly's voice almost sounded like a slither as he glanced towards the rest of his siblings.

Reno had his metallic bat over his shoulder, one that he had used countlessly to the point that blood stains had dried in its tip, never removed regardless of how many times he attempted to clean it.