Chapter-2

Autobot Base
As ground bridge closed after Jack and Arcee departed on their mission the occupants of the abandoned missile silo that served as the Autobot base Omega One returned to what they were doing. Ratchet the Autobots Chief Medical Officer went back to the computer console to continue his work on the formula for the synthetic energon formula hoping to have a breakthrough soon. He also kept optic on the monitor, scanning the planet for anomalies such as the one that landed in the near by valley.

Up on the raised area Raf and his guardian Bumble Bee the Autobot scout went back to their racing game, each trying to take the lead as they continued towards the finishing line.

"Yes" Raf cheered as his car passed the finish line first.

The Autobot scout let out a sad beeping sound but instantly perked up and looked to his young friend letting out another series of beeps while shaking his larger handmade controller in his hand.

"Your on Bee" accepting the challenge for a rematch, understanding the beeps if they were plain English and started a new game.

Nearby were Bulkhead and his human charge Miko as she sat at a desk doing something no one thought she ever did, home work.

"Remind me again why I'm sitting here doing math problems and slowly dying of boredom, when we be out dune bashing?" she complained to the giant wrecker next to her.

"Sorry Miko, but I know you've been falling behind on your home work for a while now" Bulkhead replied. Even though she obviously didn't care about her grades Bulkhead felt that as her friend and guardian he should encourage her to try harder.

"So" she shot him an obvious look "why would I bother with home work when I could be hanging out with you going dune bashing and listening to Slash Monkey with the volume way up" she said trying to tempt him knowing he enjoyed the two as much as she did.

"Nice try Miko" bulkhead said seeing straight through her attempt to get out of her homework. "Look we'll work on this tonight and I promise tomorrow we'll go dune bashing for as long as you want, deal?"

Miko nodded "Deal I'm goanna hold you to that. Especially that as long as you want part". She was already making plans for the longest dune bashing spree in history. The wrecker simply nodded as Miko went back to her work.

The base then entered one of its rare silent times, only the faint sounds of the game or the odd noise from Ratchets computer could be heard. The silence lasted until the sound of large footsteps was heard, moments later the leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime entered the command room.

"Ratchet" he addressed the Autobot medic "have you received any word from Arcee and Jack?" curious of how the two were faring on their mission.

"Nothing yet Optimus" Ratchet told the Prime.

"I wouldn't worry about them" the two mechs looked over to Bulkhead "its just a little scouting mission, what could happen?

"Yeah" Miko spoke up "even if the cons show up Arcee can kick their buts. Not as well as Bulk could but still pretty good" the young girl said with a confident tone.

"I to have every confidence in both Arcee's and Jack's abilities" the Prime assured them "but we must air on the side of caution as they are investigating an unknown, for now we remain ready to assist them if they need us.

A series of nods and agreements from everyone was interrupted by a loud beeping noise. But it was not the bases alarm making the noise, this was much quieter and seemed to be coming from Ratchet. A panel on his arm sifted to reveal a green screen with three yellow blips on it.

"Optimus we have a situation" the medic said.

"What is it old friend?" Optimus asked.

Ratchet looked up from his arm "Arcee's life signal is gone".