Father's Day || 08

jungkook: 18 yo
jimin: 24 yo

___

"tomorrow all the students will come with their fathers, we have organised a special program this year for father's day,"

aera keeps her eyes forward, ignoring the sympathetic glances from her friend and a few other kids sitting in the near by desks. she knew she should be feeling sad and pathetic for not having anyone to bring with her tomorrow, and there's no way she'd ever want to come to school alone on such a day when practically all the kids will have their fathers with them.

she had seen her friend, mia, with her daddy a few times in front of the school gate or sometimes in the park. they always look happy together. mia gets to hold his hand and play with him even if her friends aren't there. mia's dad is one of the best dads aera has seen so far and mia's lucky to have him. but for aera she feels a little jealous when she finds herself not having a father. even though she might have all the things better than mia– better toys, better crayons, better cars, a lavish life, seven brothers who are always pouring all of their love on their sister– but still, somewhere she's aware and feels the absence of her parents who she barely knows.

the only thing that makes her feel smaller than the people around her is that they have their parents and aera does not.

but then a thought strikes her as the bell rings and the teacher says they're dismissed. with a smile playing on her lips at the thought of how great her idea is, she follows her friend towards the door of the classroom, walking in the line with the rest of the kids until they all scatter at the end of the hallway in the open.

"bye aera!" mia waves at her and she waves back, smiling at her and her father who has taken the daughter's bag, heading to their car.

aera looks around then hears a honk as a black car stops right in front of her and the driver is coming out, making her sigh for that's enough for her to know that her oppas are busy. jin must be in the hospital, treating his patients. hoseok and taehyung decided to do a dance cover together and they should probably be shooting that right now. jungkook must be in school. jimin, yoongi and namjoon must be in the company.

aera sits at the back, still having her bag on her back as the car accelerates further, leaving plenty of kids and the school behind, descending into an almost empty lane towards their house. there are some small stores along side of the street: bakeries, convenience stores, florist's etc. one such shop with flowers, catches aera's attention and she shifts to the side towards the window, "driver uncle, please stop the car," she says, tapping behind the driver's seat, getting a glance from the man as he awaits another order.

"i wanna go in that shop," aera points at the small shop across the street, selling flowers and bouquets of them.

the man nods, turning off the engine after parking the car one side and steps out, holding the door open for the little girl. she smiles at him, holding his hand to cross the street and jogs to the shop once she's successfully on the other side.

"hello little one," the old lady greets with a warm smile, "do you want some flowers?"

"hello," aera smiles back, "yes, i want two,"

the lady chuckles, nodding her head and leads her forward, "well, tell me which ones do you want?"

"uhm i don't know..."

"who do you wanna give them to?"

"my oppa and my appa," aera looks up at the lady, "tomorrow is father's day, so i'm gonna give a flower to my appa and jimin oppa,"

"oh that's great," the lady pats her head and picks up a combination of white and red roses, doing them into two small bouquets. aera gasps, breaking into a smile, quickly taking the beautiful flowers and thanks the lady, which is when she realises she should take more flowers for the rest of the boys too, as they all work hard and take care of her.