TF3| Ratchet x Nascar driver! Reader

Requested by: Deans_Cherry_Pie67

Plot: Ratchet will be on (Y/n) Nascar race but witnesses something horrible.

Warnings: None
________________________

You're my champion

'If you believe you can be a champion, you will be.'

I still remember these smoothing words my father used to tell me as a little kid. He would pull me on his lap near the fireplace, brushing the tears off my face as they were falling down my cheeks like a waterfall. My eyes down-casted as the memories of my dad filled my mind. I wish he could've been here today. My day. This is my change of becoming a champion. They never said it would be easy but the thrill was certainly there and kept me going. My dad was a Nascar driver too, he won several races and caught the heart of many fans all around the world. I would once be in his shoes, or at least, he had hoped I would follow him. I my father was a legend and would enter the books as an amazing story for people to read. His death was sudden, tragic and horrifice, something that would be engraved in my mind forever. Something I carry with my every race since it happened.

It shocked the world, the horrific crash made people realize that we only have 50% of hopping out of that car alive. One moment the road is there, wide open and safe, the next there are loud noises, acrid smells and pain that you may or may not recover from.

People never wake up thinking how they would die, but I certainly knew how I would die if I make a mistake today. Breaking too early, missing a car in my mirror, loosing my concentration or even making a steering mistake, could be fatal. I took a deep breath and turned away from the mirror. The longer I was staring, the longer I started to feel anxious and nervous. I shouldn't feel that way. I should feel thriller and excited, but for some reason, I wasn't. My phone buzzed. I had been trying to ignore the noise the entire morning, but people started to get impatient. They texted me with 'goodluck' and 'becareful'. A sweet gesture I didn't want to reply on right now.

I grabbed my last few things before heading down. Ratchet was most likely already waiting for me outside. He knows me good enough to not disturb me on my 'raceday' morning. I made coffee and sat down at the dinning table giving myself a 5 minute break of my horrible, worst case scenario thoughts. I always try to suppress them on important days like this. I slacked a sigh and stared at the window. The sun had completely emerged from the darkness by now, driven away the stars and moon and shone like a bright gem in the sky, using her rays of warmth to heat up the area and give everything more color.

A few rays trickled through the windows. My cat, Mr. Fish, took advantage of the warmth and stretched himself, showing his sharp claws and fangs in a big yaw. A stray cat I picked up next the highway as a kitten, abonded and wounded by his previous owners. He lost a piece of his tail, but other than that, Mr. Fish was doing perfectly fine. His white and brown coat was shinning and losing a lot of hair lately. He got his name due to the fish looking spot on his chest.

I took the last few sips of my coffee before leaving. I had to leave or I would miss the race. As predicted before, the medic was waiting for me outside, blocking half the street. I opened the door and hopped in, placing my bag between my legs. 'Took you long enough...' I rolled my eyes stared out of the window. 'Nervous?' I snorted. 'No, of course not.' A lie, I am so nervous that I had to fold my hands to prevent them from shaking so much. Ratchet knows me better than today, I am pretty sure he knows and it was a trick question.

The race track is a big mess like usual on busy race days like this. The crowds slowly started to emerge from the gates, taking their place along the track. I was ready to go and waiting next my car. Ratchet approached me and grabbed my waist, forcing me to look at him. As our gazes locked, my nerves finally faded, like ice in a hot summer. 'Relax... you got this and you'll always be my champion, no matter what,' he said, smiling softly. 'Thank you...' He pressed a kiss on my cheek. A soft blush spread. He had never done that before. 'Don't think about your dad... it will distract you. Just enjoy the ride and if you don't win today, you will win next season,' he said.

I took his words before hopping in the car. The crowd was at their high, cheering and screaming as our cars past. We lined up at the start. The engine's roaring veraciously. My dense hands clamped onto the steering wheel as I watched the long road ahead of me. The many thought were supressed to the background as my heart was pouding in my ribcage. For a moment I am still, feeling the cool air, breathing in a steady rhythm before the lights went out. In a matter of seconds, my car reached high speed. The wheels barely kissing the ground as we flew through the first corner.

Cars shifted, trying to find space and take over. The entire car was trembling and shaking. I could feel a light touch at the right side. Someone had only hit me lightly, not enough to force me off the track or slam me into a concrete wall. As much I would like to believe this was going well, I knew it wasn't I was trapped, multiple cars blocked my escape. There was no space of overtaking another car without hitting some else. It was a horrible position to be in. Several cars in front of me where troubling keeping their cars straight as some made dangerous decision. That's what this is all about, making dangerous decision and hoping for the best, but those decision is what killed my father, on this race track.

It all happened so fast. Two cars in front of me collided, served over the road, hit the wall before bounching off the wall, straight into three other cars, including mine. The air was knocked out of my lungs at the force. The blood left the artery it belonged in surges, beat out by my slowing heart. At first it came thick and strong, flowing through my fingers as they clasped the ripped flesh. I felt the blood move over my hand, the thick fluid no warmer or cooler than my own skin. After a few moments more the blood was still leaving my rapidly paling flesh, but the pulses were slower, weaker.

The car had came to a stop against another car. The track was ravaged by debris of collided cars. Just a few were still driving, but at least half of the field, had crashed and left a horrible scene behind.

I had held my hand to the wound, but no matter the pressure I applied, the blood was still gushing between my fingers and oozed under my hand from the deep fleshwound. My blood pressure dropped rapidly. My eyes became heavy while my vision became blurry.

When I woke up, I was blinded by the bright lights of the hoptial. No other patients, just me. I groaned and reached for my head, only to be stopped by a soft touch. 'Don't...' Ratchet's gentle voice filled my ears. I gazed at him. 'You were quite lucky...' he trailed off. 'Yeah...?' My sarcastic reply caused a weak smile to form on his lips. 'You could've been dead... or your injuries could've been far worse,' he stated in a matter-of-fact tone. I sighed soft as he rubbed over my head. 'Thank you... for patching me up again.'

'I wish I could thank you for something... but you scared me to death and I won't thank you for that,' he said, joking lightly. A snort escaped from my lips. 'Believe me, next time I will win,' I muttered. Ratchet rubbed my face. 'You are already my champion, (Y/n)'