Chap.4 || Moon Effects

Grian's POV

It was another wonderful day in Hermitcraft, it's been about a week since our new guest's settled in but we can't seem to send them back to where they came from. Something was blocking them from going back in, they did mention something about a demon in their server so that's probably the problem. 

I was currently helping Pearl calm Scott down since he was panicking about his husband and what could be happening in Empires. 

Scott was pacing around Pearl's base while me and Pearl watched, "He could be in danger! All of empires will be corrupted! We're the strongest people on the server and without us the server would be in danger!" Scott rambled. "Chill out Scott, nothings gonna happen to Jimmy."I sighed putting a hand on his shoulder. 

"Ri-" Scott was about to say something when the ground suddenly rumbled making us all yelp and fall on the floor.

Once the rumbling stopped, we all looked at each other in shock. "What in hermitcraft just happened?" I ask still processing what just happened, "W-Was that an earthquake?" Scott stuttered, "I think so." Pearl said. 

This has never happened in Hermitcraft before, so I decided to get up and summon my admin panel. I went to the chat and saw that the other hermits were also concerned. 

[fWhip] Did you guys feel that earthquake?
[GoodTimesWithScar] What was that? That never happened before
[Renthedog] X? Is there a glitch or something?
[Xisumavoid] No, there aren't any glitches or anything in the system
[Xisumavoid] Is this the Octagon's doing?
[Docm77] No? We wouldn't be able to make the whole server shake like that with Redstone
[Xisumavoid] Grian?
[Grian] It's not me! I can't do any commands or anything to make that happen!
[fWhip] I can't do anything either so don't look at me
[Xisumavoid] I'll look over the system again and see if there's anything
[Grian] Thanks X!

Xisuma's POV

I closed the chat and sighed, how is there an earthquake? I checked the servers code and system this morning there weren't any glitches, I still had to ask one person before checking the code and system again. 

I walked over to the Evil Empire and looked around for EX, I found him sitting in the Evil Emporium fiddling with a sword. "What do you want?" He asked noticing me, "I was wondering if you knew what happened just now?" I asked taking a step forward, "What?" He asks clearly confused, "The earthquake." I sighed. 

"Ah, that. I had nothing to do with that." He simply said, "You sure?" I ask, "Yup." He answered.

I was about to step back outside before he spoke again, "I have to warn you." He said turning his back to me, I turned to him confused. "Warn me about what? You said you were becoming good!" I said thinking he was gonna become bad again, "I am, its just that..." He trailed off. 

"That?" I said telling him to continue, he sighed. "I heard that one of my 'friends' have decided to visit Hermitcraft soon. Be careful." I was confused, I didn't get a message of anyone asking to visit Hermitcraft. I was about to ask him what he means by that but he just disappeared. 

I sighed and walked outside, I summoned my admin panel and went to look at the servers code and system. I looked through all the codes and I found no glitches or bugs, then what was making the earthquake? I've been in Hermitcraft since the start of it yet I've never experienced anything like this!

I opened the chat and told everyone the news. 

[Xisumavoid] Sorry guys, I didn't find what's causing the earthquake
[Grian] It's fine X, it's not like it's gonna happen again

I smiled and closed the chat, I was about to walk away when I started floating a bit. "WHA-" I yelled getting cut off by falling to the ground. I landed back on the ground and stumbled back a bit. I heard a buzz coming from my bracelet so I summoned my admin panel again and opened chat. 

[GoodTimesWithScar] IS IT JUST ME OR WAS I FLOATING A BIT?
[Xisumavoid] I was floating a bit too
[Grian] I can't tell if I was floating or if it was my wings lifting me up without me knowing
[fWhip] I think we we're all floating
[Docm77] Don't you even dare try to blame the Octagon
[Xisumavoid] I wasn't going to! 
[GeminiTay] There's something really weird going on the server
[Smajor1995] Yeah, first the earthquake and now we're floating
[TangoTek] X? Are you sure there isn't a glitch or a bug?
[Xisumavoid] I'm positive, I looked through the server's code and everything! 
[ImpulseSV] Is someone messing with us?
[Xisumavoid] I don't think so, there isn't anyone else on the server other than us hermits
[PearlescentMoon] We should just ignore it for now
[Grian] Pearl's right, maybe its a one time thing

I sighed and closed the chat and my admin panel, why are weird things happening to the server? 

First the earthquake and now floating, there aren't any glitches or bugs so I don't know what's wrong. I flew back to my base and decided to rest after everything that had happened today, as I was flying I quickly glanced at the moon that was rising into the night sky. 

That was when I realized it. 

The moon looked bigger since I last saw it. 

Word Count: 885 Words