crush

Theo couldn't quite focus in class.

Believe it or not, he always put his mind into lectures and actually listened to what the professor was saying. But today, he just couldn't.

His mind kept replaying that kiss. The kiss. Her cute little nose. Her lips. Her hair. Her eyes. Her scent.

The crush he had came running to him again. The crush he hadn't even fully gotten over.

Theo was going to ask her to the yule ball, he was so excited about it. They'd talked before, a few times, but every conversation just clicked for him.

But Aurora went to the ball with Ron Weasley instead. He knew it was a pity date. It had to be.

Last night, the dreams he'd had, the things he'd fantasized all came true. Aurora Potter in his grasps. Aurora Potter running those hands through his curls. Aurora Potter kissing him, and it actually felt like it meant something.

His chin was rested on his hand, his quill between his fingers, eyes on Aurora, sitting rows ahead of him.

When the class was finally dismissed, he approached Aurora's desk immediately. Her friends seemed to have noticed. Ron Weasley included, of course. Harry Potter looked like he wanted to say something to Theo, but Hermione Granger pulled the both of them away.

He tapped Aurora's desk with his fingers as she was putting her books back in her bag. "I believe we have something to talk about," Theo said.

Aurora looked at him briefly. "Do we?"

"I'm not the type of guy who pretends stuff never happened."

"You seem like one though."

"I'm not the type of guy who pretends stuff never happened with you," he corrected, his lips dancing into a smirk. It took everything in him not to kiss her again right then and there.

"And I didn't think you were the type of girl to run away before the fun part even happened. But I guess you are," Theo shrugged.

"I'm not," Aurora answered with a gulp, tugging her bag.

He merely nodded in response. "So talk to me."

She did seem annoyed, but he wasn't ready to give up just like that. Aurora sighed. "Do I have a choice?"

A smile crept up on his face. "Not really," Theo chuckled, he couldn't contain his excitement. "No."

Still having that goofy smile painted on his face, Theo walked out of the classroom, and she followed behind. They found a quiet place where they could talk without being interrupted or heard.

Theo leaned against the wall, and took a moment to look at her. She had her arms crossed, eyes tired, and her cheeks were rosy.

"I really feel like we had something, Aurora," he finally said.

Theo was hoping she would agree, though he knew she probably would not. And his guess was right. She shook her head. "We were just caught up in the moment. I'm sure you've had multiple encounters like the one we had."

His eyebrows shot up. "You calling me a tool, Potter?"

He wasn't offended, she knew that. And she also knew that he thought the same of himself.

"It can't come off as a surprise to you," she quipped, crossing her arms.

Theo said nothing. He bit his lip. And she gulped. Her confidence wobbled for a second, just a second.

"Alright," he shrugged. "But what if I tell you I'm passed those days? You know, I'm graduating, I might want something real and not just someone to fool around with."

"Do you though?" she retorted.

"If I said I was," he grinned. "Would you go out with me?"

Aurora rolled her eyes, and she began to walk away. But she didn't even reach three steps when he took her arm. She turned, and looked at him. His eyes were genuine. They looked genuine. And pleading.

"I've had the biggest crush on you for as long as I can remember. A real crush," he confessed. His eyes still had those emotions. "And I was about to ask you out, but I guess Ron Weasley got to you first, and I was really bummed out about that."

Her expression softened. This was honestly a surprise to her. She didn't know what to say to him, so she just stood there, stared.

"I just feel like you should know that," he added.

He let go of her arm gently. They locked eyes for a moment. She couldn't seem to look away from those charming eyes, sparkling along with the small smile he gave.

"Thanks." Was the only word she managed to get out before she walked away.

Aurora did not head to her common room. Instead, she went straight to the library because she knew that was where Hermione would be.

She needed to talk to someone who wasn't her brother or ex boyfriend.

And Hermione was always someone she could confide in. She'd told her secrets, and she'd kept them. She was her best friend. She wouldn't judge her for this.

Aurora walked into the library, and instantly got scolded just for the sound of her shoes hitting the floor. She was used to this.

She found Hermione's corner and saw her sitting alone, reading peacefully. She did feel sorry that she was about to ruin this peace and quiet Hermione had maintained.

Aurora sat across her. Hermione did not even have to look to see who it was.

"What did Theodore Nott so desperately need to talk to you about?" she asked, her eyes still glued to her book.

And apparently, Aurora didn't even have to tell her why she was here.

"About the thing that happened between us," Aurora answered.

"The snogging?" Hermione looked up. "Was he any good? I've always thought of him as handsome and I'm sure he's had a lot of experience."

"Mione!" Aurora scolded. "That's not what I'm here for."

She sighed, and repeated her question. "Was he any good?"

Aurora replayed last night in her memory. She looked down and fiddled with her fingers.

"Yes," she whispered, then cleared her throat. "He was very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it."

Hermione sat back and smiled. "That wasn't so hard, was it?" She then asked. "If he was so amazing, why'd you ran?"

"Because he's a Nott. A Slytherin," Aurora replied. "My dad, my brother, they hate Slytherins so much, I don't even understand why. And, well, my dad had some kind problems with Nott's dad and he's apparently not over it."

"What problems?" Hermione asked, eyebrows furrowed.

Aurora sighed. "I genuinely don't know, Mione. No one would tell me. And I wasn't exactly eager to find out before, I had Ron."

She nodded. "And what'd he say to you?"

Aurora's expression changed. "Ron?"

They broke up over a year ago, but they stayed friends up until now. It was difficult for Aurora to get over her feelings for him. They dated for a long time, and she would say that she did fall in love with him.

"No," Hermione shook her head. "Theodore Nott."

"Oh," Aurora blinked. "He said that he's had a crush on me for a long time. He wanted to say something, but he said Ron beat him to it."

"That's sweet," Hermione smiled. "So, what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know yet," Aurora replied.

"Do you like him?" Hermione asked again.

"Maybe."

"Are you not over Ron?"

"No," Aurora shook her head. "No, of course I'm over him. It's just— this is confusing. It's happening so fast."

Hermione took her hand. "Well, if you like him, there's nothing wrong with trying things out. I won't tell a soul."

"Thanks, Hermione," Aurora chuckled. "You're the best."