Chap.5 || Moon's Big

Grian's POV

I was flying through the night sky heading back to my base, the midnight alley looked fantastic. I landed at the front of my base and admired it. I put a lot of work into it recently, the other Boatem members have definitely put some more work into their megabases. 

It's been about a few days since the earthquakes and floating started and now it was pretty common, X has looked into the server's code plenty of times but there weren't any glitches or bugs. 

The ground rumbled once again probably waking all the sleeping hermits up, I stumbled around bit didn't fall since I was used to it. Once the rumbling stopped, we started floating a bit, we floated higher and higher everytime it happened. We still don't know what was happening but just ignored it. 

I slowly landed back on the ground and sighed, Why are all of these weird stuff happening? Everyone's becoming more and more concerned the more this happens. I stared at the moon and realized. 

Why is the moon so big? 

I've played Minecraft for the longest time and I've remembered the size of the moon, It's a lot bigger than usual. I shrugged off my thoughts and went into my base, I placed down a bed and slept so I could figure out what was going on. 

-In The Morning-

It was finally morning, I broke my bed and walked outside. The sun was rising but the moon was still visible, I decided to ask Mumbo if he knew anything. I flew around Boatem in hopes of finding him but he was nowhere to be found. I summoned my admin panel and opened chat. 

[Grian] Mumbo? Where are you?
[MumboJumbo] I'm at Jevin's
[Grian] Could you come back to Boatem?
[MumboJumbo] Sure, I'll be right over

I sighed and closed the chat, I should maybe build something while I wait for Mumbo to come back. I decided to build another building in midnight alley, I had some blocks on me so I might as well start.  

I've been building for a few minutes when I heard the sound of a rocket from outside my base, I smiled knowing it was Mumbo and walked to the entrance of my megabase. "Hey Mumbo!" I greeted walking over to him, "Why hello there Grian, what do you need?" He asked, "Well, I was wondering. Have you noticed any changes in the moon?" I ask trying to not get straight to the point. 

Mumbo tilted his head slightly, "The moon? Well I have seen some changes, it looks a lot bigger." "Exactly!" I exclaimed. "Should we do something about it? It's not normal for the moon to be getting bigger." I added, "I think you should maybe message X." Mumbo said pulling out his communicator.

I swiftly grab his hand and stopped him from pulling out his communicator, he looked at me surprised. "X already has enough things to stress about in his hands. Let's just wait and see what happens to the moon and if something does happen, we can alert him." I explained, Mumbo nodded.

"Well I think we should welcome the moon with open arms!" The moustache man said clapping his hands, I just stared at him. "Well I'd rather observe it to see how big its getting." I said crossing my arms, "Not what I had in mind but that works." Mumbo shrugged, we bid each other goodbye and head to work.

Scar had already decided to build his base on top of mine which I think looks great, I'll be building my observatory on the edge of his base but he probably won't mind.

I gathered some blocks from my chest monster and got to work. I flew back up to the base of Scar's mountain and started placing blocks.

After a few hours of building, I had finally finished my observatory. The sun was setting and the moon was starting to rise. Perfect timing. My plan for this observatory is to have a glass roof so I can track the moons size every single day.

The moon was rising slowly, it was getting really big. Once the moon was in position, I marked down how big the moon was. It was a whole 6 blocks wide!

I quickly went back to my chest monster and found a book, I flew back up and went back into the observatory. I sat down on a chair and placed my book on the table in front of it. I started writing down information about the moon basically turning the book into a journal.

Once I was satisfied with what I wrote, I closed the book and yawned. I have been observing the moon for a while now. I grabbed a clock from my inventory and looked at the time.

'02:47'

IT'S 2 AM?!?!

I must have been really focused with the moon that I've forgotten about time. I quickly stretched and put the book back into my inventory, I headed outside and flew down to my base.

As I flew down, I heard the annoying screams and screeches of phantoms. I landed on the ground and sighed, I pulled out my sword and looked up.

There were 2 phantoms circling above me, one dove down and tried to bite me but I hit it just in time. I know its nearly 3am but I swore I just heard a phantom laugh. Its either that phantom actually laughed, or I'm probably just sleepy.

I shrugged it off and killed both phantoms, I put away my sword and placed down a bed. This has been an eventful day. But one thing's for sure now.

Moon's Big.

Word Count: 957 Words