FORTY NINE

XLIX

OBLIVION . . . 𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
She was his drug and without her he felt like he was going insane.

ACT TWO

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lou walked into Cal's room with a blank facial expression. She had no emotion going into the room, unlike everyone else who had entered, which gave Nurse Sullivan an uneasy feeling.

"Your little boy toy, Rafe Cameron, is currently in the Bahamas and your brothers in Charleston, so I've taken this as my perfect opportunity to come and apologise." Lou stated, she looked down at her fresh manicure and hummed in satisfaction. "For leaving you before high school. But clearly other people have no issue leaving you alone here either."

The blonde paused, twisting her bracelets around her wrists so that they were all perfectly aligned. She pursed her lips before looking at Cal.

"It's just that your dad gave me the creeps." Lou laughed. "He looked at me like he either wanted to fuck me or beat me." She paused and pondered upon the thought for a moment. "Now that I think about it, that's probably how you ended up here."

She dismissed the fact the Cal's Holter monitor began to beep faster and continued talking.

"I know what JJ used to say about me. That I was using you for money. Not like I needed your money, your a pogue and I'm a kook."

She laughed at the idea. She knew why JJ said those things, it was mainly because Cal always paid. She always wanted to impress her rich friends. But they never offered to pay her back or buy her something next time, they just kept taking her money.

JJ remembered when he first met Lou, he had a crush on her. And he was pretty confident back then too, so he told her and she shot him straight down. She told him that she would never drop to his level and only ever marry a man of money and class.

Which was everything that JJ was not.

"The time at the Wreck when you came in and I was with all my new friends, and you couldn't afford to pay for us all, I knew that's when we couldn't be friends anymore. It was kind of embarrassing, Callista. I'm not going to lie."

Lou laughed once again at the memories, causing Cal's Holter Monitor to increase some more. The girl didn't seem to notice what was happening right before her eyes. Instead she dismissed the noises from the machines and continued to talk.

"I'll never forgive you for embarrassing me like that." She paused. "I'm surprised Rafe Cameron even got with you. But then again, I heard he likes to go low."

The blonde pouted and picked up a bouquet of flowers that were from Rafe, she brought them to her nose and inhaled their scent before saying,

"He even buys you cheap flowers. Maybe you were made for one another."

Nurse Sullivan stormed in and rushed to check on Cal's vitals. She became more and more worried for the girl and hated the idea of her alone in their with Lou.

"What did you say to her?" Nurse Sullivan questioned as a swarm of other doctors rushed into try and help Cal.

"I was apologising." Lou snapped back. "It's not like she can hear me anyways."

Lou knew that it was selfish of her, but she was only apologising for her own benefit. She needed to clear her conscious incase Cal died. She didn't want to feel guilty about anything.

"How do you know?" Nurse Sullivan snapped, placing her hand on Lou's bicep. "You need to leave."

CODE BLUE. CODE BLUE. ROOM 1-0-3.

"Someone call Rafe Cameron!"

Nurse Sullivan rushed towards the phone to call Rafe. He needed to get to the hospital as fast as possible.

"Yeah?" Rafe questioned once he answered the phone. His voice was shaky once he realised it was the hospitals phone number.

He couldn't take any more bad news today. He found out that his sister was alive a mere few hours ago, and shot her. They almost lost the gold and his dad denied him help when he asked for it. He just needed to know that she had woken up.

"She's flatlined." A doctor shouted.

Rafe's whole world came to a stop. Everything because fuzzy. A ringing occurred in his ears and he couldn't hear his dad shouting his name. The phone fell from his grip and he fell onto the floor.

Ward tried to hold the boy as he began to violently sob, but he was no comfort to his son. He had no idea what happened.

Some much had happened today. It was too much for Rafe to deal with. The return of his sister and John B. The shooting. The Gold. Being held at gun point. Cal.

He had lost the love of his life.

She was gone.

Cal was dead.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan