◎○②⓪○◎

A/n: this is a sad one
---------------------------------------------------
That night cuddled up to makio you found yourself back if that lucid state, inside your mind. You look around and find your father

"Father!" You called running over to the figure

"Y/n, hello" he greeted "I bare great news!"

"What?" You question

"I will kill muzan soon" he grinned

"That's wonderful" you sighed "I can feel his bloodlust growing."

"I can too child, I wish you not to worry," he said patting your hair "that demon will pay for his cruel acts"

"Thank you," you smiled up at him

"You're welcome," he says kissing your forehead and sending you back into the current reality

Looked around to see your spouses curled into each other as bodies breath steady for all except Hina, her breath was heavy, and her eyebrows were knit together. Her body turns towards you her eyes open and full of intense worry

"Nightmare?" You whisper

She nods tears pricking the corners of her violet eyes. You extend your arm to pet, and stroke her hair, relaxing her.

"You're safe, you're okay" you coo and scoot over to kiss her forehead

Tears still fell and you whipped them sweetly looking at her tenderly

"I will always protect you, I love you," you said placing your forehead against hers.
---

You woke up to the harsh cold of the fall and realized the covers were messy on the bed the door still hanging open with an eerie air. You looked at the nightstand for a note

"Don't worry my love, Tengen is at work and we (the girls) are at the market. We didn't want to wake you
Xoxo
Hina, Makio, and Suma"

it read but an intense feeling of anxiety plagued you so, You got up from the bed and walked soundlessly out the door and down the stairs, the tension of what you could see was choking you. You took a shaky breath and walked away from the stairs baring your nails, face contouring into a horrified, shooked, and sad expression.

Pebbles laid still on the hardwood floor, tou fell to your knees. Her kittens were sold all except the golden but after her kitten's birth she was frailer, more skittish, your eyes widen when you realized the red that was soaked into the wood. Tears started flowing like a violent storm, drenching your shirt you fell to your knees holding the pebbles in your arms blood staining your yukata. You placed your forehead against hers. Your sods could be heard from miles away, you cursed God, you cursed mortality.

The sound of the door hitting its frame made you look up from the feline, rocking your arms you saw your husband you had just returned from work, he was panicked, he heard you.

"Y/n!?" He exclaimed rushing over to you

You mumbled out incoherent rambles while choking on spit and sniffing away snot, pebbles lifeless body curtailed in your weak arms, then Tengen noticed the blood, then the ball of gray fur in your arms and connected the dots

"She's- she's-" you choked out

"Dead." He said his voice sad

He called his crow and told it to tell the girls to get back ASAP, then sat next to you rubbing your back as you sobbed into his shoulder letting out wails of pure sadness and anguish.

Almost 30mins later the girls showed up and dropped the bags in front of the door and ran over to you and Tengen, Suma couldn't control her emotions and started crying as well, Makio tried to comfort you, Hina a Tengen tried too but you were inconsolable.

"Why..?" You mumbled, over, and over voice breaking

"Let it all out," Hina said

And you didn't take that with a grain of salt, you tilted your head towards the roof, the sky, and screamed. A scream full of hate, sadness, and that shooked Suma to stop crying, and Tengen to cover his ears.

"Shh, shh.." Hina hushed, guiding your head onto her chest and stroking your hair in feeble attempts to calm you

You rub your thumb against the fur of pebbles cheek and the tears stopped.

You lited your head with a stone straight expression and stood up, pebbles still in your arms you started to walk to the door footsteps sounding after you. You walked and walked not stopping till you were at the river, the river right outside of yoshiwara.

You bent down at the bed of the river and stared. your husband and wives' words drowned out. Hours passed, and night fell. You stood up once more and stepped into the river's icy waters and kneeled water stroking your yukata, you laid the cat in the water the harsh stream taking her body with it.

"Goodbye..." You said gazing down the river

"Y/n, let's go back home," Hina said getting into the water and patting four back

You whispered prayers, and Tengen walked into the water and picked you up bridal style, and you held onto his uniform's shirt.

"It's all going to be ok," he said

Suma rubbed her thumb against your arm comfortingly.
---

At home, you sat at the table in the kitchen as Hina cooked dinner. You rested your head on Makio's shoulder and Tengen walked into the kitchen his hair wet.

Your sad expression turned straight, eyes cold. You looked over at him

"How are you feeling?" He asked

You shrugged

"Foods done," Hina said